Assuming you are heading down 77 to 26 to 95, which is the route we take, you will be coming right by our house.  Our usual overnight stop is the Flying J in Rock Hill SC, just north of Columbia, SC.  It is safe, usually plenty of other RV's parked there as well.  There is a Camping World in Statesville, NC, but that is not quite half way and I have never stopped there and do not know if they have overnight parking.  We have also stayed at the KOA in Fort Mill, SC, just south of Charlotte.  It is just off the freeway, has a fuel station, and is usually quieter than a CW or Flying J, and you can plug in and run the air and save some propane. 

We stopped for an overnight on our way down at new green acres campground. It had decent pull thru sites that were fairly level. I think it was $26 for the night and it's about 380 miles to disney from there. http://www.newgreenacres.com/index.html

It's not fancy but it was a safe place for our family to overnight. It's right off I-95

Sent using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We drive from Stow Ohio to WDW twice a year, and fly two other times.  I have also gone at least once a year since 1974, so there are two Stow Disney Fiends. 

We try to leave Stow around 6:00am and we drive to the KOA in Kingsland Georgia, it takes about all day, but it is the last exit in Georgia on 95.  Then we have 3 1/2 hours the next morning to Disney.

Sometimes we leave in the afternoon after School and stay in Wytheville, VA and then drive the rest of the way the next day.  On the way home we drive from Disney to Mayberry Campground in Mt. Airy, NC.

Good luck and maybe we will run into you in Stow or WDW. 

• 4 weeks later...