To celebration National  Coffee Day... some new mugs coming to WDW...

NCD486891-613x454.jpg

I love coffee, so you can imagine National Coffee Day, which is celebrated on September 29, is a festive day in the Miller house. Every morning, I brew a fresh pot of coffee which I enjoy all day at work. During the weekends, I sip delicious cups of hot, black coffee from one of my many coffee mugs. Since I know I’m not alone in my love of all things coffee, I thought today was a good day to give you a sneak preview of new mugs coming soon to Disney Parks.

NCD486892-613x566.jpg

The Disney character mugs in the first image are part of an upcoming Colorful Kitchen collection. While the home décor considers them soup mugs, I know some days require that much coffee.

Coming in October, we will release two mugs as part of Twenty-Eight & Main, the new men’s apparel and accessory collection. Stay tuned for a closer look at this collection with a video coming to the Disney Parks Blog.

NCD486893-613x721.jpg

In 2014, we introduced a series of mugs inspired by Disney Princesses. The newest mug in that collection will be Elsa from Disney’s “Frozen.”

NCD486894-613x436.jpg

Finally, these four mugs were inspired by the Mad Tea Party attraction in Fantasyland. The cups and saucers are attached, and they will be released at some point in 2016. Merchandiser Aaron Babcock told me they originally started with purple but decided to release all four colors after seeing the first samples. I think they are a perfect complement the other home goods resembling Disney Park icons such as the salt and pepper shaker trash cans.

NCD486895.jpg

I mentioned I brew coffee every day, so I’m excited to try the newest blend in the Disney Parks and Resorts Specialty Coffee Collection from Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company. The blend was inspired by Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Master Roastmaster Chris deMezzo worked directly with Sanaa staff to create a blend that not only complemented the foods prepared at Sanaa, but enhanced the overall experience of dining. The end result was a medium roast with bright acidity, great aroma, with a dry winey after taste.

The Sanaa blend sounds exceptional, and I can’t wait to enjoy it in one of these new mugs during National Sanaa Bread Service Day (that is a holiday, correct?).

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/celebrate-national-coffee-day-with-a-look-ahead-to-new-mugs-coming-to-disney-parks/