Late trip report from September

My wife and I did a more laid back 10 night trip mid September. No kids.

We did MNSSHP one night. Originally was not going to do it, but wanted to see the Sanderson sisters thing. We used to always to the Halloween and Christmas parties, but what was once a limited number of tickets sold has now become what appears to be a 'limitless" number of tickets. Went mid- week and it was packed, but still enjoyed the show.

Campground was good and noticed the improvements, especially the separate walkway from the cart path at the Settlement.

Caught the first day of the Food and Wine Festival and it was in the 90's with high humidity. Not much change there that I saw.

Like everyone else, I am sad that this is the last year of the Osborne Lights. I asked several cast members if they knew if it was going to be moved elsewhere, but they had no idea. My kids are actually going to make a long weekend trip in December just to see it one last time.

Everything went smooth and all in all it was enjoyable.

The weird stuff happened as I was leaving. I had been staying in the 400 loop, and as we were going down the road to exit, I noticed a class C camper pulled off the road in the grass across from the dog park. I first assumed they were headed out and was walking their dog, but as I passed i saw the front drapes closed and their jacks down. Weird? Next, as I came up to the 4 way stop, I stopped and was starting to turn left, when another motorhome that was approaching the stop sign slowed down then went through it. Lastly, I was going to pull into the dingy hitch area and there was a motorhome already there parked in the middle of. Now this has always been one of my pet peeves because there is room enough for two if the first one pulls to the end. What it made it worse in the case was the motorhome had no tow vehicle, nor could it have because it had a bicycle rack in its rear hitch.

The weird stuff happened as I was leaving. I had been staying in the 400 loop, and as we were going down the road to exit, I noticed a class C camper pulled off the road in the grass across from the dog park. I first assumed they were headed out and was walking their dog, but as I passed i saw the front drapes closed and their jacks down. Weird? Yes. very weird. Next, as I came up to the 4 way stop, I stopped and was starting to turn left, when another motorhome that was approaching the stop sign slowed down then went through it. Creep, bet he drives that way everywhere.  Lastly, I was going to pull into the dingy hitch area and there was a motorhome already there parked in the middle of. Now this has always been one of my pet peeves because there is room enough for two if the first one pulls to the end. What it made it worse in the case was the motorhome had no tow vehicle, nor could it have because it had a bicycle rack in its rear hitch.  Some people don't seem to have a clue about kindness and consideration to others.  At first I thought, maybe when he parked there another motor home was in front of him.  BUT since he wasn't going to be hooking anything up...why was he there and he could have pulled forward if his brain was in gear.

Nice you enjoyed a good time at the fort and parks.