Camp then Cruise, and park in overflow?

I know this has been asked before (I read all prior posts on the subject), but never read any kind of sure answer. We are at the very early stages of considering a combo vacation of camping at Fort Wilderness in our motorhome and then doing a Disney Cruise. I have read scattered rumors that you can, perhaps, leave your RV at the Fort in the overflow parking lot and take the DCL shuttle. Has anyone here been granted permission to do that, and if so, who did you have to talk to. We have a 40'DP and a dinghy on a dolly, so we aren't exactly the easiest to accommodate. TIA for any help.

Are you returning to the FORT for a day or two after the cruise? If not they usually say

no. We just ask at the front desk, but our FORT stay is before and after and have always been accomodated.

I have heard that they may let you leave it at PO since they have a much bigger parking lot.

For your motorhome to be granted permission to be left in the overflow park lot, you either must stay at the Fort before or after the cruise. we have done it in the past and they give you a special park pass to display on the windshield. and with a dingy and dolly I am sure that they will request that it be seperated for parking spot reasons

The North Pole job market must pay nicely these days. We tried to hook a Disney cruise but just couldn't afford it let alone do both. Lucky you. Must be nice to be Santa :). Didn't you also used to have a TT? Can I be one of your elfs?