In honor of this auspicious occasions, Disney Food Blog has posted a review of 2 of the specialty margaritas at La Cava Del Tequila, located inside the Mexico pavilion of Epcot's World Showcase.

Of course, today we’re sampling two margaritas from the margarita menu. You’ll notice the Maelstrom Margarita made the long-term cut joining other favorites like the Avocado, Horchata, and one I found to be an especially pleasant surprise on a previous visit: the Tamarind Margarita.

Margarita List

Margarita List

The Beet Margarita is a more recent addition, and since I wasn’t sure what I would think of it (if the word “beet” makes you hesitate, you’re not alone), I also grabbed a tried and true standby: the Blood Orange Margarita.

Beet and Blood Orange Margaritas

Beet and Blood Orange Margaritas

The Beet Margarita is a combination of beet juice, ginger liquor, fresh lime, agave nectar, and — just like all the margaritas on the menu — premium 100% agave tequila. It’s served on the rocks with a rim of poblano pepper salt.

Beet Margarita

Beet Margarita

Straight up: you’ve gotta harbor a serious love for beets to enjoy this one; it was really the only flavor I picked up on, which was something of a bummer since the ginger liquor sounded promising.

Poblano Pepper Salt Rim

Poblano Pepper Salt Rim

But did I like it? Well, let’s just say I’m happy I had the Blood Orange Margarita to fall back on.

Blood Orange Margarita

Blood Orange Margarita

Here the 100% agave tequila is combined with orange liqueur and blood orange juice on the rocks. The Tajin chili powder rim is paired with a topper of wild berry foam, which serves to bring out the berry-like flavor of the blood orange.

Rim and Wild Berry Foam

Rim and Wild Berry Foam

Now THIS one… I love it. The flavor is just so distinctive and strong, and the Tajin chili powder rim really adds an extra punch. Delicious!

I’m all for venturing outside of my comfort zone, but I’m also glad I had the opportunity to enjoy an old favorite. And even if the ultimate lesson on this trip was that Beet Margaritas aren’t exactly my thing, I still gotta give points for creativity, because I know few places in or even outside of Disney World that take so much care and pride in producing quality beverages for their guests than La Cava. So as always, I’ll be looking forward to seeing — and tasting — whatever they come up with next!

Full article...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/02/19/friday-happy-hour-beet-and-blood-orange-margaritas-at-epcots-la-cava-del-tequila/