How to get to the Orlando Science Center

Hi! I'm a newbie to the site, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. What I'm hoping someone can help me with is suggestions on how to get to the science center from the campground if we don't have a car.  We will be going to FW in August (first time!!) in a class A and don't want to tow a car. Any idea of how much a taxi would be to/from? Is there public transportation? Or would a rental car be fairly cheap...but then how do you get to the rental car...? Of course, we could drive the RV there if we knew of a definite place we could park.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

It is actually quite easy to get rental car. There is the National rental car company at the Car Care Center, and they will pick you up at the Fort and drop you back after return.

There is also National at the Swan/Dolphin and that is easy to get to on Disney transportation.

I would think a 24-hour car rental would be your best option. Can also take the opportunity to pick up some needed supplies without driving the RV.