If I recall correctly I remember someone posting about installing the Glowsteps. Looking for an update on them and some info. How they are holding up, if they are worth it and what's the distance between treads. We have the standard 3 step folding travel trailer steps. I'm thinking of switching them out, would like to find something with the steps an little closer together and more secure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have them and LOVE them. The step height is much more akin to normal/residential steps (I'd guess along the lines of 7" rise- I can measure later). Their customer service has you make measurements and you can ask how many # of steps would work best for you. Mine has 4 steps.

As for secure- there are 2 feet at the bottom of the steps that reach the ground. This takes out all "springy" feeling that you had previously. My wife said that with the OEM steps, she made sure she held onto the handle going up or coming down. With the new steps, she's fine to walk them without holding on.

There being 4 steps instead of 3 and the adjust-ability in height means that I was able to give away one of my step stools. I used to keep an adjustable step stool for the times where the last step was too high off of the ground. I've been to 25+ campgrounds with these steps and haven't had a problem until where I am now. With this site and the slope of it, I just couldn't get the steps leveled without an additional step at the bottom. I'm in contact with their customer service now to decide if anything should be done (aka, adding another step).

The "glow" part of Glowsteps is kind of nice. The glow-in-the-dark stickers do identify where the steps are. But it's primarily lost on us because if we're going to be gone past dark, we turn an exterior light on.

26873807451_2378ac5daa.jpg

25895156836_eec53910cd.jpg

27031907931_b8c55d74c5.jpg

25509888324_a654883f16.jpg

The negatives to them are:

1. It takes a little more work to deploy them - it's a 2 step, 2 handed process (open a latch and pull the steps out, let go and then pull the steps down)
    1. Because they're non-standard, not anyone can walk-up and deploy the steps. It has even taken my daughter a while to get used to them.
  2. You have to manually level the steps front-to-back using the feet on the bottom (we don't worry about this for quick rest stops on the road, but do when we setup camp)
  3. Closing them takes a little bit of strength with having to lift them
  4. The "tread" on them is really close and holds bits of gravel/sand unless you really brush them out (it's good for non-slippery-ness)
  5. They deploy further from the camper then OEM steps making truck stops + spaces be a bit of a cozy fit to stay within our lines

I left off cost from the negatives as stair replacements are shockingly expensive. I looked at regular quad-step replacements initially and to take out the springiness, I was going to add a pair of step supports to the bottom. The total price for them was only slightly less than the total price of the Glowsteps. Though, I do like the idea of their heavier duty handrail or even the boot cleaner attachment (always with the extra toys).

Thank you Doug

I'm highly considering them, I think I'll take some measurements from my trailer and give them a call to see what they say. The glow part doesn't really do anything for me, the rise and sturdiness is what peaked my interest in them. I just wanted to get some feedback from someone actually using them. Did you install them yourself?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Did you install them yourself?

I did not. The way that my camper skin wraps around to the frame- I didn't have any easy access to the back-side of the existing steps in order to remove them and bolt these on. I had a shop do it and a few other things all at once.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to update this for anyone else interested.  

We got our steps this past weekend and we love them. So far have only used them 2 days but they have made a world of difference in ease of getting in and other of the trailer for both all of us including the dog (she is much happier with them).  When I had originally asked about them I had planned on installing them myself but Lazydays trying to make up for some damage they did to our floor did the install for us. Watching them it looked fairly easy.  I didn't get the hand rail as we already have the fold out one on the trailer and I felt the support arm would take up valuable awning space.  Wenter from a 3 step to 4 and that helps a lot. Definitely will take some getting used to when it comes to opening and closing them. Though the glow part is nice I will be making covers for the steps out of outdoor carpet. Though they have the no skid ridges with the area between Im afraid the dog may slip trying to run up or down them (she's not the most graceful) and I like having those to wipe feet off on on the way up the stairs. 

If anyone is thinking of replacing their steps or has bad knees or back and trouble getting up their trailer step I would highly recommend them. They are well worth the price and something we plan to take with us or have installed on any future trailer.