Adding ac to our pup-minimum BTU?

We recently got a new to us 1999 Rockwood Freedom. No ac, but we want to add it. We'll see if it can accommodate a rooftop unit, but we are also open to a portable or window unit. We will be camping in Disney's Fort Wilderness next month. Is there a recommended minimum BTU for pups? We plan to be out at the parks or the pool during the day, and hope for comfortable sleeping at night.

I bought a 13,500 BTU unit for my Jayco, it came with an 8,200 btu unit and i was not happy with the cooling of it. Was bearable at night, but too warn during day even in shade. I bought one from Adventure RV and replaced it my self, took about 2 hours. Ended up giving the small one away as no one wanted to install one that small. In Florida, you need all you can get. If I was doing it again, would check a heat pump

14 hours ago, Travisma said:

Lots of people have made their own using Reflectix, or now using a survival blanket from Wal Mart

the cost savings really isn't there.
I would need 4 blankets( 2 king end, 1 queen end and 1 for the slide) 4x$15= 60

then  100 feet of bungee cord 2x 50Ft rolls at $20/ roll = $40

then 2 inch nylon webbing 25 yards for $17

then 3 x10 packs of shock cord terminal end hooks at $8/ pack= $24

Spool of thread nylon x 2 at $9 each= $18

60+40+12+24+18= $154 in parts to build the 3
or i can buy it from Pug's shipping included for 202.90

so the savings is $48.90 but then there is the labor of assembly, time costs money and it would be in my opinion a 4+ hour project and  and because of that they can get the extra $8.90 and save me the hassle of measuring, cutting, sewing( yes i know how and have the equipment) 

I didn't include Velcro mod cost as i would do it if i made or purchased them so no cost savings 

doing refletix i hear helps as well, I have not done that yet too but i expect costs to be less than 100 for materials and time

5 minutes ago, swimmarz said:

the cost savings really isn't there.
I would need 4 blankets( 2 king end, 1 queen end and 1 for the slide) 4x$15= 60

then  100 feet of bungee cord 2x 50Ft rolls at $20/ roll = $40

then 2 inch nylon webbing 25 yards for $17

then 3 x10 packs of shock cord terminal end hooks at $8/ pack= $24

Spool of thread nylon x 2 at $9 each= $18

60+40+12+24+18= $154 in parts to build the 3
or i can buy it from Pug's shipping included for 202.90

so the savings is $48.90 but then there is the labor of assembly, time costs money and it would be in my opinion a 4+ hour project and  and because of that they can get the extra $8.90 and save me the hassle of measuring, cutting, sewing( yes i know how and have the equipment) 

I didn't include Velcro mod cost as i would do it if i made or purchased them so no cost savings 

doing refletix i hear helps as well, I have not done that yet too but i expect costs to be less than 100 for materials and time

Since we don't have AC, I'm not too concerned about PUGS.  Our bunkends and roof are white so they will to a certain extant reflect some heat.

Now I do want to buy reflectix and make coozies for our ice chests.  I put my trucks windshield blocker over top of two of the chests and just that little bit seemed to help.