On 11/7/2016 at 10:14 AM, Duane said:

I know you said the couch part is still okay, but what type of "bedding" are you trying to replace or upgrade?  Is it an air mattress, a foam mattress, etc.?

It is a standard foam one that I've seen in several units over the years. You know the kind you feel the springs in your back all night .

Okay that makes sense...  I would say look into an air mattress as they tend to come in all sizes these days.  The sofa in our motorhome came equipped with an air mattress when we bought it and it lasted about a couple of years.  It was one with the air pump installed inside the mattress.  I think the pump finally failed so it wouldn't hold air any longer.  Replaced it with an Aerobed from Bed, Bath and Beyond and has been working like a champ ever since...  The Aerobed brand is kind of pricy, but with one of their 20% coupons, that seemed to lessen the blow.

The airbed that came with the sofa had a couple of straps that held it to the frame so when the bed was folded up the air mattress slid down behind the sofa.  The new bed does not have any straps and has had no affect on its operation or use.  When we are out camping, we make the bed the first night with a mattress cover and bottom sheet.  When we put it away, I just deflate it, leaving the mattress cover and bottom sheet still attached, and close it up like usual.  The mattress slides down behind the sofa. 

When we leave to go home, or no longer using it for that particular trip, I remove the mattress cover and bottom sheet, deflate the mattress and fold it up.  Our sofa has a large drawer underneath the bottom sofa cushions that I store everything in...