I haven't posted this on the Debate board, as I don't wish for this to be a political thread.  I just wanted to let others know that, due to the government shutdown, Recreation.gov is offline.  Furthermore, according to a message you receive when you try to go to the site, if you have reservations that fall before the shutdown ends, you will be refunded your site fees.  This surprised me, as I had heard this week that National Parks and other federal sites wouldn't be closed due to the shutdown, but perhaps there was conflicting information out there.  In any case, if you planned on making reservations today, or if you have camping reservations in the near future at a Federal campground, those plans may need to be changed.  

Here is the text of the message:

Our Apologies...

The Recreation.gov website is not available due to a lapse in funding for the federal government.

We will keep all reservations in the system intact until the departure date has passed in the event you would like to use any part of your reservation. If your reservation falls completely within the time frame of the lapse in funding, full refunds will be made. No additional cancellation fees will be charged to the customer for reservation cancellations as a result of facility closures.

We invite you to return to this site as the situation evolves in order to obtain additional information about how services and reservations may be affected.