Dress your American Girl doll up in Disney Princess costumes

From The Daily Disney...

Dress your American Girl doll up in Disney Princess costumes

A Mom and The Mouse, Kristin Ford — posted by kristin ford on May, 3 2011 4:00 AM it doll-princess-dresses-THUMB.jpg

Costumes for My Disney Girl also fit other 18-inch dolls and can be purchased at Walt Disney World. (Kristin Ford/Orlando Sentinel)

For many little girls, their “best friends” are 18-inch dolls — think American Girl or any of the less-expensive versions that have appeared in the last year or so. And like other BFFs, the girls love to dress the dolls in outfits that match their own.

American Girl has long capitalized on this trend, even making the dolls themselves to resemble their owners. One thing American Girl is missing, however, is a line of Disney Princess gowns. Fortunately, most clothes for 18-inch dolls are interchangeable, no matter the brand, so we found a solution that worked for my daughter and her mini-me.

Walt Disney World sells its version of the popular-sized doll called My Disney Girl for $49.95. She is dressed for the theme park, complete with a Mickey T-shirt and mouse ears hat, but costumes that can be purchased separately for $24.95 each include Minnie Mouse, Ariel, Belle, Cinderella and Tinker Bell. Happily, my daughter chose Belle and Ariel costumes for her American Girl doll to match Disney Princess dresses she already owns. The My Disney Girl doll and costumes are available at the resort or at DisneyStore.com.

Looking for a splurge? The Grand Floridian hosts My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea at 10:30 a.m. daily (except Tuesdays and Saturdays). The tea party features Sleeping Beauty with sing-alongs, story-telling and a princess parade. The $250 price tag includes a light lunch for one adult and one child, plus My Disney Girl doll and accessories; a princess tiara and bracelet, princess scrapbook page, special rose, and a “Best Friend” certificate.

If you’re starting from scratch, however, Disney’s Princess & Me line might be the way to go. These are 18-inch versions of Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, Tiana and Belle, so they already are wearing the princess gowns. They sell for $49.99 and kid-sized matching gowns also can be purchased for $49.99. They are available at retailers, such as Toys ‘R Us.

http://blogs.orlando...ncess-costumes/