On two different trips to the Fort from here in Central Pennsyltucky we have stayed at what used to be called the Florence S.C. KOA.  Clean, level pull thru sites, nice pool, friendly staff, and convenient to the highway without a bunch of highway noise. 

It is no longer a KOA but now called the Florence RV Park - here is the web site:  http://www.florencervpark.com/

We stopped there on the way home last September and were shocked to see they were no longer a KOA.  Personally, I was a little disappointed with the new owners.  We were given a really crappy site despite a lot of open sites, and it was pretty obvious they were catering to the seasonal crowd.  I noticed not too many overnighters this time around.  It used to get really busy in the evening with people going to or from Florida.  We're going to pass by this place from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

We camped at this location one night on our return trip heading back home from Fort Wilderness.  It was in May 2008 and it was still a KOA.  During our stay the campground was very clean and we did not have any problems.  It sounds like things have changed.

I am not sure who the family is in the first picture but I thought the picture of the lake area was worth posting.  I hope it is not a problem.

DSCN2185.jpg

DSCN2187.jpg

DSCN2189.jpg

Doug / datgrt@fw