From the Disney Parks blog...

Vintage Walt Disney World: Epcot 1982

posted on May 5th, 2011 by Nate Rasmussen, Archivist, Marketing Resource Center

Hi, everyone. I’m Nate, an archivist in the Marketing Resource Center at the Walt Disney World Resort. The Resource Center is a giant library/archive filled with photography, video and marketing materials created by Disney Destinations.

5690416764_bebac4713b_o.jpg

In the course of my work, I often come across really fun stuff that I think Disney Parks Blog readers would find interesting. And what fun is an archive if you can’t share it with other passionate Disney fans?

For instance, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, take a look at this picture from April of 1982 that shows the Mexico Pavilion under construction in World Showcase at Epcot. While the park was about six months from opening, this picture captures the iconic Spaceship Earth in the background with its exterior already complete. All of this talk about the Mexico Pavilion makes me want a churro from La Cantina. Anyone else?

Watch for my posts in the coming weeks as I bring you more vintage Walt Disney World.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/05/vintage-walt-disney-world-epcot-1982/