Rental Cars and Trailer questions

On our next trip to the fort we will be there for two weeks, we are thinking about renting a car for some of the time we are there. I haven't rented a car in... well A long time. I need to haul 7, 3 adults 4 kids (11-5) so, guess I need an suv or minivan. What is the average cost per day/week there, if anyone knows. Or can you tell me what rental car companies serve the Fort? I understand Disney has a car rental location as well, do they rent their own cars or is that where the rental companies are?

Next,

Since we will be towing our cart down, do we have to park the trailer in the overflow lot or can we keep it at the site instead of a car? If we get a rental I would much prefer to leave it in the over flow lot to get stolen rather than the trailer!!

The trailer is 5x10.

Thanks for your help!

I have seen both situations, Roger.  Sometimes Disney has made guests move their trailers from the campsite to the overflow lot.  You can pick up a lock for the trailer pretty inexpensively from Wally World.  It may not guarantee your trailer won't get lifted, but maybe they will move on to the next one that doesn't have a lock on it.  I have heard of trailers being "borrowed" from the lot, although I think it is rare.

There are two rental car locations on Disney property, one is at the Car Care Center near the Magic Kingdom and the other is at the Dolphin Hotel.  Both are run by National/Alamo. Here are the addresses.

National/Alamo at the Car Care Center

1000 Car Care Drive

Lake Buena Vista , FL 32830

Phone:  (407) 824-3470

Hours:  Monday through Friday: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.

National/Alamo Desk

Disney Dolphin Resort

1500 Epcot Resort Blvd

Orlando , FL 32830

Phone: (407) 934-4930

Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day

I think they will deliver or pick you up at the Fort.

As far as the trailer, usually if you put it behind your RV & not in the bushes or on the grass, they won't bother you.

I always use Enterprise over on hotel Blvd (or whatever the street is called).  National, Alamo, and Enterprise are all one company pulling cars from the same lot, just charging different prices.  Enterprise has always picked me up at my campsite and dropped me back there after turn-in.  Enterprise is the cheapest of the three "companies".  Sorry I can't give you the number right now.  It's in my MH which is in the shop.

I have always also left my trailer at the back of my campsite (usually sideways), but I guess that depends on how big it is.  Mine is a 6x12 cargo.  I just unload the GC then push the trailer in by hand before backing the MH in.  If I didn't have the trailer loaded with decorations, I would unload the GC at the hitch/unhitch area.