Well, we are in the talking stage of planning a Fort trip.  Our kids have spring break the last week of March.  We were originally going to St Augustine.  But the only campsites left are at the KOA and they want $75 a night.  I can get into the Fort for $66 a night instead.  Disney would be more fun anyway.  We'll decide in the next week or so.

Tell me why we should go to Disney instead of St Augustine?  Let's see if your comments help me decide.  Thanks!!

Ive never been to St Augustine - so I can't really help you compare and contrast but the Fort is just such an amazing place if you are going to do Disney.  We have stayed at the Poly, Contemporary and CBR before finding the Fort and theres just no comparing the Fort experience to the hotels.  When you wake up at the Fort you set your own pace.  I feel like when I wake up the hotels there is this pressure - an overwhelming pressure to get out the door.  When I wake up I feel like there are Snow whites dwarves singing in my ears - - - - - HI HO! . . . . HI HO!!!!  HI HO OFF to the parks we go - we must fit in this - we must fit in that . . . or we have to earn the most out of our Disney v-a-cation!  When we stay at the Fort - we wake up - we maybe make coffee - if we make it to the parks 4 times in 2 weeks I am impressed - there is just so much to do at the Fort!  I would think if you are going to St Augustine you are not going to go to Disney - so its probably a different experience you are looking for - I would think about that. 

Nothing compares to FW.  It's consistently voted the best campground in America (according to popular guidebooks).  The campsites are nice, the comfort stations are clean and well maintained, all your neighbors are in good moods because they're at Disney!  You don't even need to go into the parks - just enjoy the campground! 

Lots to do:  you can go biking, fishing, play tennis, basketball, tetherball, go canoeing, hiking, play in the arcade, shop in the trading posts, horseback riding, hayride, pony rides for little ones, eat at the Trail's End, sit on a rocking chair outside Crockett's Tavern while the kids play at the nearby playground, hunt for armadillos, rent a golf cart and go "looping", swim in the new pool/waterslide, refill your mugs, or just sit in a chair at your site and do nothing!  ;)

I am embarassed to say that I have never been to St Augustine and I live in Florida. That said, we often talk amongst my family about other destinations, but we always end up with Disney! It just suits all of us, my Mom and I like to relax and take in the scenary, my brother is a Super Commando and likes to ride every ride, my son is somewhere in between. We all like to eat!

The Fort is perfect for all of us. There is plenty to do, but it is also the perfect place to relax and let the kids have fun! I hope whatever you decide, that y'all have a great time!

I have been to St. Augustine several times, mostly as a kid with my parents and a few times since. The comparison would be to me is that St. Augustine is what I call a Tourist Destination, whereas Disney World and the Fort is a Vacation Resort.

Even if you are on a tight budget and can't do the park passes but for just a few days, if any, there is plenty to do at the Fort as some have described here already. There also is a large transportation system in place for you to use to go exploring other areas of the World. The architecture and landcaping of all the resorts and grounds never cease to amaze me, not to mention the general overall friendliness of the CM's that are there.

• 2 weeks later...