It's absolutely beautiful! I've never camped there since we live 15 minutes away, but have been there many times. Lots to do and see in the park, they often have programs and things going on. I would highly recommend it.

We stayed there on our way to WDW after a cross country trip a few years back. If we were in the area again, we would seek it out. We were there with our 4 kids, two were teens and they enjoyed it as much as the young ones did (a 10 year old and a 4 year old). At the time, horseback rides were offered and we enjoyed that immensely.

It's absolutely beautiful! I've never camped there since we live 15 minutes away, but have been there many times. Lots to do and see in the park, they often have programs and things going on. I would highly recommend it.

Well it will just be an overnighter, but we love state parks, (not to mention the price), but thought from the pictures,there would be some nice things to see and enjoy after being cooped up in the truck all day. Do you know about how far off 75 it is?

We stayed there on our way to WDW after a cross country trip a few years back. If we were in the area again, we would seek it out. We were there with our 4 kids, two were teens and they enjoyed it as much as the young ones did (a 10 year old and a 4 year old). At the time, horseback rides were offered and we enjoyed that immensely.

Won't have time to horseback ride, but definitely would like to see the plantation home and go for some nice walks.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I just noticed your question.

It's less than 5 miles off I-75. I'm not great judging distances but I would guess 3-5 miles. It's not very far at all but a whole different world. Even if you're just spending one night, it's very nice with nice, shady sites. Very peaceful.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I just noticed your question.

It's less than 5 miles off I-75. I'm not great judging distances but I would guess 3-5 miles. It's not very far at all but a whole different world. Even if you're just spending one night, it's very nice with nice, shady sites. Very peaceful.

Thanks for the info, don't worry about it, I get so busy reading what everyone else is saying, I forget to check my own posts.

• 3 months later...