remove background of picture?

a couple of us are doing a dirty girl 5k. it is going to be a blast! i want to take the picture from dirty girl and make iron on transfers for the 3 of us. the problem i have is that the photo i have has a white background. i would rather not have any background. can you help me get rid of this?

activedirtygirl21.jpg

a couple of us are doing a dirty girl 5k. it is going to be a blast! i want to take the picture from dirty girl and make iron on transfers for the 3 of us. the problem i have is that the photo i have has a white background. i would rather not have any background. can you help me get rid of this?

activedirtygirl21.jpg

I can do it in photoshop. Send me your original photo. I'll send you a PNG file with no background.

The problem is, I think you are saying you want to do an iron-on with no background. Is that right? Iron-ons come in two sorts that I know of, white media or clear. The white media can be ironed onto any color shirt, the clear needs a REALLY light shirt color to keep from muddling the colors in your graphic. If you go with the white the best you can do is cut the shape carefully before ironing it on. Professionally produced shirts will actually print a white knockout on the shirt before printing the graphic so the colors will be crisp regardless of the shirt color.

Yeah, that's right. If you are printing on white media and ironing on to a non-white shirt, you will need to trim the iron-on with scissors or an X-acto. If you are using either white or clear media on a white (or VERY light shirt) you will still want to trim closely to your graphic, but errors in the trimming will be less obvious than with a darker shirt.