Campground recommendations from Ontario to the Fort

With a couple of weeks to get things organozed my DW is getting anxious for me to start planning our stops enrout to Fort Wilderness. We are not rushing down and will break each day into 6-8 hours on the road. These are rough, but within an hour either side is where I imaginge us doing stops.

1st night off I79 in the Pittsburgh, PA area

2nd night off I77 in the Charlotte, NC area

3rd night off I95 in the Jacksonville FL area

Any recommended campgrounds in these general areas that you can share would be appreciated.

With a couple of weeks to get things organozed my DW is getting anxious for me to start planning our stops enrout to Fort Wilderness. We are not rushing down and will break each day into 6-8 hours on the road. These are rough, but within an hour either side is where I imaginge us doing stops.

1st night off I79 in the Pittsburgh, PA area

2nd night off I77 in the Charlotte, NC area

3rd night off I95 in the Jacksonville FL area

Any recommended campgrounds in these general areas that you can share would be appreciated.

On our trips down from Ontario, we have stayed at the Statesville KOA which is about 60 km north of Charlotte. Easy on/off access from I77 and will work just fine as an overnight stop

On our trips down from Ontario, we have stayed at the Statesville KOA which is about 60 km north of Charlotte. Easy on/off access from I77 and will work just fine as an overnight stop

Yes, Statesville KOA is convenient for an overnight stay and as a bonus you can shop at JR's - it's almost next door!

At Jacksonville there's a lot of construction on I-95, take the 9A eastern bypass not the I-295 western bypass. We always go just a bit past Jacksonville to St. Augustine and stay at North Beach Camp Resort. Very nice place!

From there it's a quick two-hour hop to the Fort!