From the Disney Food blog. I was never a bread pudding fan until I tried the one at Raglan road. Now a pilgrimage must be made every year for the BEST. DESSERT. EVAH. Ohana's is a close 2nd but the challenge is being too full after the feast to have room for it. Never tried House of Blues but the food in general there has been not-so-great lately.

Disney World Bread Pudding Poll

Jul 19th, 2011 by AJ. Bread pudding is a ubiquitous dessert in Disney World. You can find versions of it on nearly every buffet restaurant menu (Boma’s and Crystal Palace’s are well-loved!), a counter-service version exists at the Main Street Bakery, savory versions have been found at Le Cellier and Cinderella’s Royal Table, and you could claim that Rose and Crown’s Sticky Toffee Pudding fits the bill.

But there are some spectacularly sweet, official bread pudding options at three of Disney World’s popular table-service restaurants.

It’s these three that I’m going to stick with today, and usually I can give you my clear favorite; but when it comes to these, I think it’s time for a poll. After having eaten each one of these desserts over the past year, I can’t make up my mind as to which I like best — I honestly can’t wait to dig into each one of them again!

So I’m hoping you’ll join in and cast your vote for a favorite. Let us know in the comments why you made your choice, and if you have another bread pudding version that you would include in the list!

Raglan Road: Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding

The presentation of this dessert is delicious. The bread pudding is a specialty of celebrity Master Chef Kevin Dundon at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney, and those who order it get their own little tray of wonderfulness.

The layered, golden bread pudding is flanked by caramel sauce and vanilla creme anglaise that you can use to customize your dessert in any way you’d like. (My advice? Use it all! You’ll barely be able to claw yourself back from the richness. And that’s a good thing.)

Ideally, your dessert will arrive during one of the fun entertainment sets at Raglan Road — the Irish band and the Irish dancers are so fun to watch!

bread-pudding.jpgGer's Bread and Butter Pudding

bread-pudding-2.jpgBread and Butter Pudding with Sauces

‘Ohana: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding

A phenomenal dessert, even if you do have to share it. Served family style at ‘Ohana in Disney’s Polynesian Resort, this chunk of bread pudding comes to your table with a hefty serving of ice cream on top…ice cream that begins to melt oh-so-beautifully as the warm caramel-banana sauce douses the dessert.

This has been a favorite dessert of mine for a long, long time, and it never ceases to be incredible. It truly is the reason I go back to ‘Ohana again and again.

Ohana-Bread-Pudding-500x333.jpgBananas Foster Bread Pudding

House of Blues: White Chocolate Bread Pudding

While bread pudding desserts don’t usually include chocolate. Finding one that does is…let me say from experience…outstanding. At House of Blues in Downtown Disney, this dessert is served with the bread pudding in the middle of a pool of gorgeous, thick white chocolate sauce, which means that there’s plenty of flavor to go around.

This was the final bread pudding of the three that I tried, so while I tried to shove it into the #3 spot while I ate it, I just couldn’t. It’s delicious, and I’ve been craving it ever since my first experience!

Don’t forget the great entertainment options at House of Blues — stop in for bread pudding, then take in a concert from one of your favorite bands!

white-chocolate-bread-pudding-1-499x352.jpgWhite Chocolate Bread Pudding