From The Disney Food Blog...

First Look! Epcot’s Kabuki Cafe and Menu

Jul 22nd, 2011 by AJ. Thanks, once again, to Andy Jackson who writes the great Eating (and Drinking) Around WDW for sending along photos of this new addition to the Epcot Japan pavilion! The Cafe isn’t open yet, but the construction walls are down and he got a sneak peek!

Epcot-Kabuki-Cafe-499x550.jpg

Epcot's Kabuki Cafe The Kabuki Cafe will replace the old Kakigori stand, but will offer plenty of new menu items (including kakigori, of course). You can see from the menu below that the stand will offer not only icy, sweet treats, but also sushi, ribs, sake (hot and cold), snacks (Miso Soup and Edamame), soft drinks and Ramune, green tea, and more!

Kabuki-Cafe-Menu-270x550.jpg

Kabuki Cafe Menu -- click for larger image I can’t wait to sample some of the new offerings! If you get there first, let us know what we should try!

From the Disney Parks blog...

Kakigori Cart Expands with Savory, Sweet Bites

posted on July 29th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

hou4832342SMALL.jpg

On a hot afternoon, nothing is better than a shaved ice, or kakigori, from the little cart in front of the Japan pavilion at Epcot. A brain freeze is inevitable as we slurp the icy, sweet treat.

see483232SMALL.jpg

Now the cart, just reopened this week, has as new name – Kabuki Cafe – and new tastes, the kind of satisfying nibbles you can eat and still stroll.

pea483232THUMB.jpg sou483343THUMB.jpg The shaved ice still is there, but now the menu includes edamame (steamed soybeans in the pod) and meal-in-a-bowl miso soup, plus sweet plum wine and sake. And smoothie and ice cream cups join the sweet line-up.

Delicious salty-sweet tastes for munching and strolling World Showcase Lagoon.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Food Blog...

[quote

Snack Series: Kabuki Cafe Green Tea Ice Cream

Aug 8th, 2011 by Kim. Reader Venessa H. recently sampled some of the Green Tea Ice Cream at the brand new Kabuki Cafe in Epcot’s Japan pavilion and sent us a mini-review.

6009056590_3184224c8c.jpg

Green Tea Ice Cream

When I thought “green tea ice cream,” I thought it would be creamy and scooped out onto a little bowl — it’s texture would just melt in your mouth. Yet, it was packaged and hard and kind of like the Gelato you get over in the Italy stand (which isn’t even Gelato anymore).

Even when I let it melt a little, it just didn’t feel right. It was somewhat refreshing and it had that artificial green tea flavor. By all means people should give it a try since we all have different taste buds, but it didn’t cut it for me.

6009056558_10cfece938.jpg

Nutritional Info

6009056616_5b108c8c4d.jpg

Green Tea Ice Cream Oh well — sounds like the green tea ice cream isn’t on the must-try list, but I’d love to hear what you guys think!

Have you stopped by the Kabuki Cafe? Let us know in the comments below!

Thanks again, Venessa (neomi_buttons on flickr)! All images are copyrighted to their photographers. Do not download or re-use without photographer permission.

]