Ok, just want to hear from you guys what you would do. Right now the free dining plan runs thru the end of March. But, I know Disney has in years past, when one expires the next one is right behind it. So we are still booked for FW the first week of June, but I recalculated our stay at Port Orleans with a free DP and we would save $500. Granted we would save money if we didn't book the DP for our June trip, but unlike you Lucky Florida Fiends,we are only able to come down about every other year. So we really enjoy eating out. I hope all that makes sense. Any thoughts are welcomed.

Dorie

I recalculated our October trip to stay at the French Quarter. Yes we would save a few bucks but knowing I am in my own bed is worth it. We will be staying at the Fort :banana:

Your right thats the only thing that I think about. My own sheets, bed. I don't know :blink:

We've been camping at the fort for 25 years. In 2004 we went down to attend our son's Disney wedding -- it was a short trip, so DH didn't want to tow the trailer down. We stayed at POR and were absolutely miserable! Small, dark rooms. Inadequate lighting at night. Small pool. On and on. DH even went over to the fort one afternoon. I wouldn't go because I knew it would just make me more homesick.

I will probably never get the DP because I don't want to spend so much of my time in restaurants. I can eat out at home, and much of Disney's food isn't that noteworthy anyway. Would much rather spend my time enjoying the parks and the fort.