Jetty Park Trip

Very cool pics. Thanks for adding that perspective to this thread. It adds another dimension for folks to see the inlet and park from both sides.

From your vantage point, I can see why you thought the park was a barren wasteland. The best campsites are in fact back in the trees plus they have water and electric which is on my necessary list.

I also caught your pic of the pilot boat. Neat.

That's a magnificent idea about a "Bon Voyage" banner for the fiends departure. Sure wish I could do it, but already tied up. Maybe someone can though.

One day I'm sure I'll get to see the park from the inlet also.

For those that are interested, here's a link to the Port Canaveral website. Down about the middle of the page you can see a map of the campground.

Port Canaveral

Great TR! And I love your photos of the sunrise:)

Thanks MM etc... You're lucky where you live that you can get a steady diet of these sunrises. Those were my favorite times when I was closer to the beach.

Big cup of coffee, comfortable chair, sunrise. Doesn't get much better.

"You know what would be cool?

If someone would go and take some photos of the Fiends leaving on the Dream! And hold up a Bon Voyage Fiends sign!

Maybe we have a local Fiend who would be willing to do that?"

Sorta what I had in mind to do. ;) Don't know if I will be able to get over there but keep an eye out, you never know.

What time does the ship leave? It's on Sunday, right?

"You're right about Seafood Atlantic. On our campsite scouting trip, we went there for lunch. Very good and not as expensive as I thought it would be. I also like the outside seating so I can watch the activity in the inlet. Fun stuff.

Maybe one day we can have a FF GG at Jetty. Wouldn't that be cool? "

Yep, sure does sound cool B)

That would be great Doodle. Gotta tell you though, it costs $10.00 to get into the park. Cheaper if you're a Brevard County resident (which neither of us are). Small price to pay for getting pics of the Fiends leaving on their cruise though.

That would be great Doodle. Gotta tell you though, it costs $10.00 to get into the park. Cheaper if you're a Brevard County resident (which neither of us are). Small price to pay for getting pics of the Fiends leaving on their cruise though.

I bet I can find $10 someplace :banana:

• 8 months later...

Just a little up date. A lot of rehabbing is going on at JP. A bunch of new sites have been added, the roads have new layer of coquina shell nicely packed, and 8 cabins have been added to the park. Looked like new slides at the playground.

DH and a couple of his friends camped at JP for a weekend convention of wargaming (with minitures) in Cocoa Beach. Lots smaller cost than staying in a hotel. After the guys left, I joined DH on Sunday afternoon. Park was about empty. But so much has been done. Rest rooms fixed up, new shuffle board courts, gazebos, electric hookups. All the new sites are full hook up, from what I could see. And it looks like some of the old sites have sewer hook up too. Three of the cabins had been set up and they expected the last 5 Monday. Did not get inside, so don't know how many they would sleep. but look cute, shorter than the fort's cabins. Have a full front porch. They are buitl somewhere else and trucked in, like a mobile home.

OH yes, of importance to us--wifi has been added! Didn't have the camera so sorry, no pictures. Next time;)