Anyone know how to get Reid of black ants? For over a month now I have had a black ant problem. I hear it was from when my roof leaked and they eat and live in the wet wood. The wood is now dry and I used poison to kill them but I still have them. Any help would be nice

There is a product I have had great luck with. Terro. You can find it in just about any store, but definitely Home Depot or Lowes.

Terro

Thank You I have gone thought 2 bottles they say it takes two weeks to work but every day to months now I see them still eating the poison

Thank You I have gone thought 2 bottles they say it takes two weeks to work but every day to months now I see them still eating the poison

If this is in your house, go to Home Depot and look for a product made by Bayer.

Bayer Advanced

We had a problem with carpenter ants in our last home & used this product. Rick drilled a small hole in the drywall and squirted this in.The damned things bubbled out of the wall like a volcano!! We had to do two applications, 30 days apart. It did the trick!

I don't see why you couldn't use it in an RV.

It's supposedly a natural product made from an extract from chrysanthemums.

If these ideas don't work, I've always had luck with Sevin. It's a dust based application that you sift or blow into the area or on their traffic routes. Always works for me, but I'm thinking about looking into the all natural one suggested by Otter Spotter aka Debbie

Also, spray around the outside of the structure to stop them from continuing to come in. You still haven't said if this is your home or RV. If it's your RV, check and see if any branches are touching the RV & trim them away. Go to CVS or Walgreen's and ask for powered boric acid and squirt it in a line around the perimeter of your RV and all around the hook-up's.

Usually, the ants are looking for water and food so obviously, make sure that you keep things tidied up inside.

If you discover a trail of ants, hit them with ammonia - which obliterates the pheromone's the ants leave behind as a trail for other ants to follow.

Again - good luck!