RVacation Campground Selma NC / I95

Just stayed there again in Jan.  Clean, new bathrooms, pull thru sites,easy on and off I95, After hours check-in.  Sites right near a fishing pond.

Stayed there a few times. Some traffic noise, but nothing a small fan didn't cover.

Used to be a KOA.

Best of all, it's home to Camper the Dog!  A super friendly mix that the owners took in years ago.

RVacation RV Park

428 Campground Road

Selma, NC 27576

(919) 965-5923

http://www.rvacation.us/

We too have stayed here twice and while I agree with the fact that I could drown out the traffic noise with a fan I definitely had some trouble with the trains that run by (all night) nearby. The campground itself was a great overnight stop for us, easy off, easy on, with a very friendly staff.  We weren't lucky enough to get to see Camper the dog (but had read about him on a campground review site). We will probably stay here again but I will definitely next time have a glass of wine (or two)  :D before bed to help drown out that train!

OMG there is a train! WOW that is sad.. 4 times and I never knew it! Guess I need to open my eyes and ears a little more often. To be honest by the time we get there everyone is so tired they just pass out!! LOL

Actually I think I need to get a louder fan (but the 2 glasses of wine seems like so much more fun! :wine:). I am an extremely light sleeper so I am sure the train would not bother most campers, and the CG was such a convenience that we will most likely stay there again.

There is a train, but we use a fan AND the wine :-)

I remember hearing it, but like Pixi said, we usually get in late and are tired. Plus the sound of a train kind of reminds me that we are travelling and are somewhere on the road to adventure!!

• 3 months later...

Sites being put in

IMG_20110517_185623.jpg

Patio set by laundry room

IMG_20110517_185326.jpg

Womens bathroom (VERY CLEAN)

IMG_20110517_185241.jpg

Lake pics

IMG_20110517_183916.jpg

IMG_20110517_183903.jpg

IMG_20110517_183834.jpg

Laundry room - $2.00 to wash and .50 per 10 mins to dry!

IMG_20110517_183612.jpg

Front of Campground

IMG_20110517_183415.jpg

Our site

IMG_20110517_182801.jpg

A tid bit of info:

They have an area were you can wash your RV for $5.00 and your tow vehicle for $2.00 (we use it every time we come here)

The ducks are not always nice there is one that loves to be mean to me so be careful!! LOL

Laundry room in open from 8am till 9pm

There are some really nice outlets for all you shoppers out there if you continue south on I95 till exit 95! There is food there too many choices!

My favorite part about this campground is that they have many pull through sites that you do not have to unhook your tow vehicle which is a plus in my book being that were just passing through!

We have stayed at RVacation many times too. It really does have lots of highway noise and many, many trains. Even with the AC running you can hear it pretty good. But the location is good, people are nice and property is clean. However, we do think they are a little overpriced since there is no cable, no pool or play area for children.

This is how close you are to the highway...the truck are moving along on I-95.

DSCN4155.jpg

DSCN4156.jpg

This is the ducks...the brown and white one is the one that chases you and bites!!

DSCN4126.jpg

DSCN4129.jpg