"Me Pirate Adventure" resort room experience

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Attention All Pirates! It’s Here at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on September 16th, 2011 by Jean Volante, Manager of Dream Making, Disney Floral & Gifts/DEG

bg-post-top.png Who could resist a Pirate Adventure prepared for you in your Walt Disney World resort room by none other than Captain Jack Sparrow?

As many of you know, I am all things “princess” but when I saw this new experience I temporarily set aside my tiara to join in this “Rrrrdventure.”

hap593342SMALL.jpg

Here’s the inside scoop. The story behind this experience is that our beloved captain was chased by a band of pirates and ducked into your resort room to hide his treasure. The Pirate Code states the treasure shall be yours if you can solve the riddles he left behind and find the key to unlock his treasure chest. Then the treasure chest will be yours to do with what you will. But what kicks this experience up a notch are the authentic pieces used to tell the story. Take a look at this room.

glo594243SMALL.jpg

Here is some of what you’ll find. When you walk into the room, you’ll discover this motion-sensitive “screaming skull” that lights up (and yes, parents, you can turn the sound off). The skull is sitting next to the letter from Captain Jack and his quill used to pen the note.

fgg594323SMALL.jpg

There’s a tattered and distressed jolly roger and a great sword, which is attached to a sash so it’s adjustable. And yes, I did try it on even though it didn’t match my outfit.

sme495432SMALL.jpg

There’s also a pirate disguise, which includes a beaded goatee as well. (That, I did not try on).

Take a look at the pirate duffel bag in the foreground and the fish net in the background. The stage was fully set for the adventure!

wrt584223SMALL.jpg

And what happens when you put three pirates together? We caught our team in the moment. The youngest son was trying to capture the treasure chest Dad is holding.

hii533423SMALL.jpg

Can you imagine your family doing the same thing?

Needless to say, I’m officially “hooked.” Who knows – maybe in a future post you might see me dolled up as Captain Jack with the goatee. What do you think?

If you want to learn more, click on to this “Me Pirate Adventure” link. It’s available for order now with delivery to your resort room starting Monday, October 21. What say you to that? Savvy?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/attention-all-pirates-its-here-at-walt-disney-world-resort/