My mom just sprained her ankle today and is in a walking cast. We are arriving Nov 6th and just in case we need to, is there an outside place to rent an ECV besides the parks? I know they have a limited supply, but if she definitely is going to need one I think it would be easier to rent one for the week and not get stuck with one not being available when we get to the park of the day. Anyone have a clue what the rental is at the park? anywhere else? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Norm

I have seen plenty of ECVs with Walker Mobility, Buena Vista Scooter Rental and Apple Rental on them...don't know anything about the companies.

If I remember correctly Disney's ECVs rent for $50/day. If you park hop you cannot take the Disney ECV with you. Disney ECVs are rented by the main entrances to the park and you have to return them there when you leave the park. You can, however, show your receipt from one park at the next park (on the same day) and they will give you an ECV without charging you again. BUT...ECVs at Disney are first-come, first-serve. If they don't have any left you are out of luck.

An outside company will deliver directly to your site and then you don't have to worry about how your mom will get to/from the parks without the ECV. If you drive to the parks (rather than take the bus) you will need to let the rental company know this so that you can get a scooter that will break-down or one that will fit into your car.

Good luck....enjoy your trip....hope your Mom feels better quickly!

• 2 weeks later...