From the Disney Food Blog...

Disney Food Trend: Popcorn on the Menu!

Oct 10th, 2011 by AJ.

Sure, you expect to see Popcorn in Walt Disney World! It’s all over the place, from Main Street to Dinoland and back again!

Sat-Sun-133-430x550.jpg

BUT, you don’t often expect to see popcorn hitting the menu at some of Disney’s signature restaurants and lounges. I’m kind of excited to note that’s exactly what’s happening!

Three of my favorite dining locations in Disney World are featuring popcorn on their menus, and I’m sure they’re not the only ones! Let’s check it out…

Flying Fish Cafe

Over at Flying Fish on Disney’s Boardwalk, popcorn takes center stage on a new dessert trio called “Out on the Boardwalk,” featuring a twist on treats you might find ocean-side.

Boardwalk-Dessert-Menu-500x187.jpg

From the Flying Fish Dessert Menu

This dessert comes to the table like this:

Trio-of-Concessions-500x333.jpg

Out on the Boardwalk Dessert Trio at Flying Fish Cafe

And the popcorn mousse is delicious. It doesn’t have a strong “popcorn jelly belly” kind of taste; instead, it’s more caramel-like in flavor, with rich, buttery undertones.

Popcorn-Mousse-and-Caramel-Corn-500x522.jpg

Popcorn Mousse and Caramel Corn

This dessert is extremely fun, but I’ll warn you — that Popsicle packs a punch! It’s sour!!

Wilderness Lodge

While visiting Artist Point last week, I was treated to a taste of a new soup! This isn’t on the menu at Artist Point, but you can find it at Whispering Canyon Cafe (thanks to the comments!) and, I think, over at Territory Lounge as well. This gem is made with beer, cheese, candied bacon, and…popcorn!

Territory-Lounge-Beer-Cheese-Popcorn-Bacon-soup-500x425.jpg

Territory Lounge Beer Cheese Popcorn Bacon soup

Boy was this a treat! The candied bacon gave a slight sweetness to the dish, while the cheddar cheese offered a bright, salty base. The popcorn was a garnish, but that little crunch made a big difference!

Run, don’t walk, to Wilderness Lodge…and order this!

Victoria and Albert’s

Our Disney Food for Families columnist, Erin Foster, chimed in on this post with a photo from her recent meal at Victoria and Albert’s, Disney’s most critically-acclaimed restaurant. The dish is Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin, and it’s topped with…popcorn!

Victoria-and-Alberts-Pork-Tenderloin-500x375.jpg

Victoria and Alberts Pork Tenderloin

If it’s good enough for V&A’s, it’s good enough for me!

The Wave…of American Flavors

And at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, the dessert menu at The Wave is again graced with popcorn! Back in January, I had the chance to try some of their Popcorn Gelato!

This was on the dessert menu as part of a gelato trio, and was teamed up with Rocky Road Chocolate Gelato and Peanut Butter and Jelly Gelato!

The-Wave-Popcorn-Gelato-500x362.jpg

The Wave Gelato Trio -- chocolate rocky road, peanut butter and jelly, and popcorn

The flavor here was very subtle, and the addition of the caramel corn on top gave a fun, sweet texture!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/10/disney-food-trend-popcorn-on-the-menu/

• 1 month later...