From WDW Magic...

Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival at Downtown Disney this weekend

Oct 12, 2011

The Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival is back at Downtown Disney this weekend. The event competition starts on Saturday October 15 2011 at 8am, and concludes at 5:30pm.

Water transportation for guests on the Village Lake will be suspended until 5:30pm, this includes Port Orleans Resort, Old Key West and Saratgoa Springs Resort. Cap'n Jack's Marina will be closed all day on Saturday.

If you would like to watch the races, there will be a viewing area along the West Side waterside promenade around the Bongos and House of Blues areas.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/West-Side/News/12Oct2011-Orlando-International-Dragon-Boat-Festival-at-Downtown-Disney-this-weekend.htm

Walgreens Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival

Saturday October 15, 2011 Downtown Disney West Side, Florida

While most teams are packing up their paddles for the winter, there are those that travel to WALT DISNEY WORLD® for one last paddling adventure of the season. Located in Downtown Disney West Side, the Walgreens Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival attracts recreational and competitive teams from all over North America and has been the catalyst for many new team start-ups in the Orlando area. In 2010, participation at the one day regatta doubled from its previous three years to 70 teams, local and traveling. Teams traveled from as far away as New York and Nova Scotia.

Participating teams receive exclusive deals on Disney Park Passes, special discounts on Disney Resorts and enjoy free shuttle service to and from the races! Join us for the premier end of season event!

Registration for the Walgreens Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival is now open. Click on the "Registration Info" button in the left navigation bar to check out the entry fees.

The Walgreens Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival will be part of the newly formed SRDBA (Southern Regional Dragon Boat Association) Point Series. Ideal for teams looking to earn points at the end of the season, the Festival will have all race classes and divisions.

Please email us at [email protected] or call us at (416) 962-8899 if you have any questions.

http://www.gwndragonboat.com/Default.asp?id=19&l=1

Snarky alert!

Give me a break, dragon boat racing. I wonder if those boats are made in China?

Sorry, but I limit myself to American Dragon Boat Festivals only.

That is unless there is a National Lent Collectors festival in town.

What the heck is a Dragon boat? God forbid Disney would have a good old fashioned American sport, like rowing for instance.

Lets pander to the Chinese just a little bit more.

Ok, I'm done.