Lake Louisa State Campground - Clermont FL

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We went to Silver River SP last Oct with our Popup group for a rally. What a great CG! It's Silver River State Park and it's on the Silver River, which has the Silver Springs...something like that, but any combination of words will get you there. Great "Old Florida" museum on premises, lotsa 60's TV/movies filmed there. Great trails too, kids loved it. The site and bathouse look just like the photos above. The cabins are like full size houses. LL is next on our list for a weekend. We just like to setup and get the kids away and let them play with dirt and dead snakes for a couple of days. I hope this helps! We'd go back to Silver Springs anytime, plus, the Mrs. gives me 1 hour in Gander Mtn. on the way home! Got some great slippers and beef jerky last time...

The old silver springs with the glass bottom boats has been gone for years right? I think I remember hearing that but I'd love to take the kids on one of those boat rides like we used to do growing up. Loved the monkeys, DH almost stepped on a gator sunning himself on the grass the first time we took him. The look on his face was hysterical. I almost peed myself laughing. I think my grandmother did... :rofl2:

Are there any glass bottom boats left anywhere, by chance?

The old silver springs with the glass bottom boats has been gone for years right? I think I remember hearing that but I'd love to take the kids on one of those boat rides like we used to do growing up. Loved the monkeys, DH almost stepped on a gator sunning himself on the grass the first time we took him. The look on his face was hysterical. I almost peed myself laughing. I think my grandmother did... :rofl2:

Are there any glass bottom boats left anywhere, by chance?

Boats are still there...

http://www.silversprings.com/

Awesome, thanks TJ.

I'd heard they closed but from the website it looks like they've added on some in 35 yrs. LOL it actually looks bigger than I remember but I'm sure my kids will think it's tame. Guess now I know what " we raised our kids in a gentler time" means when my grandparents said it... :rofl2: