First trip to the FW Cabins 1/2011

I'm gonna make this short and sweet, the trip definitely was! We have stayed at many of the resorts at WDWm but we had never stayed at the Cabins. We've talked about it, but came up with many reasons why we didn't think we should; transportation issues, lack of CS places, etc. Well, this was gonna be a short trip down for the Marathon weekend for my brother to do the 5k, so we decided what the heck...let's try it!

I am so glad we did! It was AWESOME! So peaceful! We are a bunch of rowdy old folks for the most part and on this trip the group was, my brother, my mother, my good friend and myself. I am the youngest at 48! We all fell in love with the Fort. My Mama loved that she was able to stay there and relax and EAT while we went to the park. I loved being able to walk out the door and not be in the middle of the crazy! I so enjoyed sitting on the deck with a drink and a cigarette! I got to relax too!

We will never go anywhere else!

I forgot to include the great news we got when we got back home...an AP PIN code!!! :raspberry: I called my brother and we have 3 trips booked to go back!! May for EE challenge/Mother's Day, Sept/Oct for Food and Wine and our first ever Christmas at Disney! We can't wait to spend Christmas at the Fort!

My best friend has already told me that we could use her golf cart anytime we wanted, so it will be as close to perfect as it can get!! :raspberry: She has a TT and I am trying to help her plan a trip down with her family. We have vacationed together in the past and had a blast!

I am so glad we did! It was AWESOME! So peaceful! We are a bunch of rowdy old folks for the most part and on this trip the group was, my brother, my mother, my good friend and myself. I am the youngest at 48! We all fell in love with the Fort. My Mama loved that she was able to stay there and relax and EAT while we went to the park. I loved being able to walk out the door and not be in the middle of the crazy! I so enjoyed sitting on the deck with a drink and a cigarette! I got to relax too!

We will never go anywhere else!

That's what I told my husband after our 1st visit in Dec. 2008. Can't wait for our return trip this Dec!!

I hear you!!!  The Fort is so awesome - we are cabin people too!  Last year we were there 3 days and it was so great we are going for 6 days this year!

What loop were you in?  Can't wait to hear all about it!!!  :dance:

We were in 2100 - it was great!  We had a friend coming down to camp and we were hoping he would be in 1100 loop right next to us.  He ended up in 1700 so it wasn't too far.

Oh and - I started a picture thread for cabin pics so go post some stuff on it over on the pictures board.

I'm so jealous you are going in May!  We are going in July.  Hey - when you're there, check and see what kind of skillets you see.  We're going for a longer visit this time so planning on at least one leisurely eggs-n-bacon-n-hashbrowns breakfast!  Last time it was Cheerios and out the door!

Be sure you get a shot of the parking spot with and without vehicles in it - everyone always asks about that.

It's been good chatting with you!  I've just started on my masters degree, so my time to "play" on the internet has gotten drastically reduced.  I'll probably be a "Newbie" forever! 

I forgot to include the great news we got when we got back home...an AP PIN code!!! :banana: I called my brother and we have 3 trips booked to go back!! May for EE challenge/Mother's Day, Sept/Oct for Food and Wine and our first ever Christmas at Disney! We can't wait to spend Christmas at the Fort!

My best friend has already told me that we could use her golf cart anytime we wanted, so it will be as close to perfect as it can get!! :dance: She has a TT and I am trying to help her plan a trip down with her family. We have vacationed together in the past and had a blast!

Actually, our next trip to the Fort is in March.  I have us scheduled for 4 days in a 5th Wheel! :D  I'm PureTCrazy's DB, btw.