I love fishing and have been fishing since I could hold the pole. I taught my lil ones to fish and they like it so much that sometimes I have to tell small lies about not having the fishing poles with us on that trip. My oldest Rissa and hubby would not go near the worms for a while until I suggested that they wear latex gloves, now they are fine. It was quite funny watching hubby try to put a worm on the hook with various tools!!

One of my favorite childhood poems

Fishy fishy in the brook

daddy caught him with a hook

mommy fried him in a pan

and baby ate him like a man!!

A pole or rod & reel, some hooks, and worms will be enough to get you started. I opened my tackle box a couple of years ago, after about a 20-year hiatus from the sport. Believe it or not, most everything was still usable.

We are rank amatuers when it comes to fishing, but the kids and I still enjoy it. As we go along we'll get more sophisticated, but for now it's just the basics.

I never liked fishing untill last year when a Very Good Fiend friend of mine talked it up untill I just had to try it. Now I fish (only at the fort) every chance I get. I cought some real nice swimmers (as they are called) in July and then some bigger ones in October. In January my mentor we there when I was and we cought some huge catfish and Bass along with some other stuff. We had catfish that were heavy but we couldn't weigh them but were from 30 inches long to 25 inches.

Don't buy nightcrawlers from the bike barn they are expencive and chicken works the best, go get yourself a G+G and use the SKIN, not the breading or the meat, the SKIN. If they are biting you will know right away, and fish deep, let the hook sit at least 4 ft down from the floater (bobber). Have fun, I know I do!

Oh you say where to go?  hmmmm oh I guess I can tell ya, on the dock behind the Meadows.