From the Disney Food blog...

Guest Review: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Treats

Nov 15th, 2011 by AJ.

I’m excited to welcome Guest Reviewer Holly Burtchaell from Random Cravings Blog with a fun review of treats found at this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Walt Disney World! Warning: This read is sugar-sweet!

Party-signage-350x445.jpg

Party signage

Although Mr. Random and I have clocked too many trips to Disney World to count, somehow, neither of us has ever experienced Christmas at the Happiest Place on Earth. Luckily, that all changed last week, when we spent an entire week immersed in Disney Christmas happiness. In fact, this year’s very first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) was also our very first time at that event!

I quickly learned that in addition to being about the Christmas parade, the special fireworks, and the rare character appearances, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is also filled with yummy holiday treats!

Free Eats at MVMCP

Included with your ticket to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are complimentary cookies and hot cocoa, along with healthier options of apple slices and apple juice. These treats were handed out at several locations around the Magic Kingdom…just follow the signs!

Signage-at-Cosmic-Rays-350x468.jpg

Signage at Cosmic Ray's

Signage-at-Columbia-Harbor-House-350x468.jpg

Signage at Columbia Harbor House

This year’s cookies were big, soft, delicious snickerdoodles. The apple slices were the packaged kind you find in kids’ school lunches, which I happen to enjoy –- they are crisp and juicy, and tasted relatively fresh.

Snickerdoodles-and-hot-chocolate-350x468.jpg

Snickerdoodles and hot chocolate

The hot chocolate and apple juice were served in the same holiday to-go cups and were both perfectly enjoyable options.

Apple-slices-with-apple-juice-350x402.jpg

Apple slices with apple juice

Holiday Goodies at the Main Street Confectionery

Now…no trip to the Magic Kingdom is truly delicious until you experience the bakery counter at the Main Street Confectionery.

Home to gigantic caramel apples, cupcakes with mountains of frosting, huge decorated cookies and so many other insanely decadent treats, I just had to find out what yummy Christmas options were waiting for me in that bakery case!

Holiday-selections-from-the-bakery-case-500x136.jpg

Holiday selections from the bakery case

Giant-Mickey-sugar-cookies-500x177.jpg

Giant Mickey sugar cookies

More-holiday-selections-from-the-bakery-case-500x226.jpg

More holiday selections from the bakery case

I stared at that bakery case, my eyes glazing over in dreamy delight, trying to choose which yummy treats I would bring back to our room to sample. Remember, many of these items are available throughout the holiday season — not just at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

Being a sucker for caramel apples, the Christmas-decorated Mickey, Minnie and snowman apples were calling my name! The beautifully iced Christmas cookies and Mickey gingerbread men were huge temptations – just their aroma made it truly feel like Christmas!

Christmas-caramel-apples-500x271.jpg

Christmas caramel apples

Christmas-cookies-500x259.jpg

Christmas cookies

Which holiday delights did I end up enjoying, you ask? Never being one who could make up her mind, I brought two treats back to our room to enjoy!

The snowman caramel apple was, in a word, DECADENT. A huge granny smith apple, covered first in caramel, then in white chocolate, was decorated with chocolate candies, sour belts and a marshmallow head topped with sugar Mickey ears.

Needless to say, this is a gigantic treat best shared with a few people –- which makes it even more fun!

Snowman-apple-304x525.jpg

Snowman apple

The gingerbread Mickeys were my favorite holiday treat –- aromatic, soft, spiced cookies happily iced in red and green to celebrate the holidays!

I have to tell you –- I had a few of these cookies during our stay at Walt Disney World, and every time they brought me back to sitting in front of the fireplace wrapped in a cozy blanket on Christmas Eve.

Next time we visit the Magic Kingdom during the holiday season, I will be sure to pack some zipper-top bags to bring some of these happy little treats back home with me to keep the magic going!

Gingerbread-Mickeys-500x358.jpg

Gingerbread Mickeys

Leaving Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

Now I have to tell you about another tasty surprise during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

After a ridiculously fun evening of fireworks, parades, characters and delicious holiday treats, one more surprise was waiting for us as we left the party.

As we exited the Magic Kingdom, cast members dressed in their Christmas party best were handing out Ghirardelli peppermint squares to everyone! This sweet holiday treat held us over while we walked back to our room at Bay Lake Tower clutching our purchases from the Main Street Confectionery.

Ghirardelli-peppermint-squares-350x378.jpg

Ghirardelli peppermint squares

As far as I know, the snickerdoodles and apple slices are the only holiday treats exclusive to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and all of the treats at the Confectionery are available during the entire holiday season.

Which are your favorites? Just chime in below in the comments section to let us know what Christmassy treats you’d pick up at the party!

Holly Burtchaell has an all-consuming passion for food and cooking. She is mostly self-taught when it comes to her culinary knowledge and ability. Chefs are her rock stars, whether they are famous Food Network chefs, or chefs at a favorite local restaurant. They are true superstars to her. She’s also crazy about cookbooks, all things Disney, and the New Jersey Devils.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/11/15/guest-review-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-treats/