From Touring Plans...

Disney Capacity Closures – Looking Back and Guessing the Future

by Laurel Stewart

It’s that time of year again. Sometime between now and January 1 every person on this planet will visit Walt Disney World or Disneyland. It’s true. I was there last year and I know I saw every woman ever born in line for the ladies’ room on Main Street.

We have gotten a few emails from readers wondering about capacity closures in Florida and California. Walt Disney World’s procedures are explained on our web site. Disneyland’s procedures are different – first they stop selling tickets, then they close the turnstiles to incoming guests. I took a trip on the WayBack Machine and looked up what happened in 2009 and 2010. Here is a

of the closures:[the following list comes from the table posted to the site - I couldn't copy/paste it here]
    12/25:
    Magic Kingdom - Phase 3 (2010)
    12/26-12/27: [none]
    12/28:
    Magic Kingdom - Phase 3 (2009)
    12/29:
    Magic Kingdom - Phase 3 (2009)
    Hollywood Studios - Phase 2 (2009)
    12/30:
    Magic Kingdom - Phase 2 (2009, 2010)
    12/31:
    Magic Kingdom - Phase 3 (2009, 2010)
    All parks eventually reopened to new guests on these days. You also check out our historical crowd levels for last December here on our site.
    This information was pulled from several sources, so if I missed something let me know in the comments and I’ll update the chart (list your source if possible).
    We hope this helps with your planning. Remember, even on the busiest days, getting to the parks early (REALLY EARLY) and using a touring plan will make things bearable.

http://blog.touringp...ing-the-future/