From the Disney Food Blog...

Hot Fudge Cookie Sundae On the Menu at Storybook Treats

Dec 13th, 2011 by AJ.

We told you earlier about the awesome hot fudge, and strawberry shortcake sundaes at Storybook Treats in the Magic Kingdom, but now there’s something even better — well, in my opinion anyway!

Introducing the Chocolate Chunk Cookie Hot Fudge Sundae at Storybook Treats!

Storybook-Treats-Menu-500x46.jpg

Storybook Treats Sundae

This is SUPER exciting to me, since one of my favorite sundaes at Eat-n-Park back when I was in college was their massive cookie hot fudge sundae! I always put strawberry sauce on it, which gives me a great idea for how to alter this sundae as well… icon_wink.gif Anyway…

From Whence It Came

The menu has consistently offered a chocolate chunk cookie as well as a hot fudge brownie sundae, and my guess is that so many guests asked for the cookie to be substituted for the brownie that they decided to just make it a permanent addition to the menu!

chocolate-chunk-cookie-hot-fudge-caramel-sundae1-398x525.jpg

Sundae

Also, remember that caramel sauce can be substituted for the hot fudge on most Storybook Treats sundaes. So on my visit last week, I asked if they could just add caramel sauce to the cookie hot fudge sundae…making it a cookie hot fudge caramel sundae!

The caramel sauce WAS added, and I wasn’t charged for it. But I expect that your chances of NOT being charged for the extra sauce are going to be small. Luck of the draw there!

chocolate-chunk-cookie-hot-fudge-caramel-sundae-at-storybook-treats2-433x525.jpg

Hot Fudge and Caramel!

The cookie itself is delicious. A very soft, very rich chocolate chunk cookie is artfully broken and stuck into the sundae so that you can get a bite of cookie with every spoonful. I love that they don’t just put the cookie at the bottom so that you have to get through all of the ice cream to get to it!

chocolate-chunk-cookie-hot-fudge-caramel-sundae-at-storybook-treats3-437x525.jpg

Chocolate Chunk Cookie

chocolate-chunk-cookie-hot-fudge-caramel-sundae-at-storybook-treats4-441x525.jpg

Vanilla Ice Cream

I haven’t seen this sundae on any other menu (let me know if you have — would love to know about it!), so I’m excited that Disney’s creating yet another unique item that can be found in just one spot in the parks. Clearly guest demand is at work here, and I think it’s great that they’re responding to it positively by adding a fun new sundae to the menu.

And for those of you on the Disney Dining Plan, this is just one snack credit! What a great deal!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/12/13/hot-fudge-cookie-sundae-on-the-menu-at-storybook-treats/