From WDW Magic. While I don't think the "see your photo on the castle" part really works all that well, the show itself is pretty darned cool!

'The Magic, The Memories and You!' to get another special edition makeover this February

Jan 07, 2012

'The Magic, The Memories and You!' show at the Magic Kingdom is set to get another special edition makeover. The theme this time - "Romance". The new insert is scheduled to begin on February 3 2012.

Extremely popular with guests, 'The Magic, The Memories and You!' debuted in January 2011, and since then has received a holiday edition makeover. You can see photos and video from the show here.

http://www.wdwmagic....is-February.htm

From Inside the Magic...

Valentine’s Day update to ‘The Magic, The Memories, and You!’ projection show coming to Walt Disney World

by Ricky BrigantePosted on January 12, 2012

yellow-arrow.jpg Get the latest: Follow us on Twitter & Facebook!Topics: Disney, Entertainment, Magic Kingdom, Theme Parks, Walt Disney WorldTags: Cinderella Castle, Magic Memories and You!, romance, The Magic The Memories and You, Valentine's Day

magic-memories-you-valentines.jpg

7tweetsretweet

Following a well-received Christmas update to the popular Cinderella Castle projection show, “The Magic, The Memories, and You!“, Walt Disney World has announced another version of the show will soon debut with a romantic theme.

In time for Valentine’s Day, beginning February 3, the show will virtually adorn Cinderella Castle in hues of red and pink with rose pedals, thorny bushes, and images of classic Disney tales of romance including Sleeping Beauty.

Here’s a first look:

mmm-valentines.jpg

Like the Christmas version of the show, the Valentine’s sequence is likely to be only a small part of the entire presentation, which transforms Cinderella Castle into a spectacle of colors and moving pieces each night.

This will mark the third variation of the show. Videos of the original and Christmas versions can be seen below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JUgeE1skTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VllrHm-jpo

http://www.insidethe...t-disney-world/

The very last day of our Thanksgiving trip we went into MK to see the Cinderella's Wish Show. Since that was our whole goal that day we got there way too early and were able to sit right up front. Imagine my surprise when DD10's picture showed up on the castle turrent. It wasn't incredibly visible but there was no denying it was her b/c of the old style Christmas Belle dress she was wearing on the Captain Jack show's stage. It was over so fast that even the quickest mom wouldn't have been able to get the picture without knowing it was going to happen. Even then, it was pretty high up and likely wouldn't have come out well, if at all, with my point & shoot.

If I had to make one suggestion, it would be that there should be a website replay or something that people could access to get a copy of that day's show if they wanted it. Now that'd be magical...

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks blog..

More Fun Surprises in Store for ‘The Magic, The Memories and You!’ at Disney Parks

posted on January 25th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

mmy931288SMALL.jpg

One of the true delights of the recent holiday season at Disney Parks was a special segment during our evening projection show, “The Magic, The Memories and You!” The faces of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park and “it’s a small world” at Disneyland park were transformed into gingerbread masterpieces, brightly colored packages and palaces of ice.

mmy172127SMALL.jpg

Well if you enjoyed that, our Creative Entertainment team has another treat in store, just in time for Valentine’s Day! A new show segment is set to debut Feb. 1, inspired by some of the most romantic moments in Disney animation. Cinderella Castle and “it’s a small world” will be covered in red roses for one sequence and turned into a beautiful, star-filled sky for another. During part of the show, spectacular stained glass windows will grace the façades, depicting the stories of Cinderella, Snow White and Belle.
 mmy210219SMALL.jpg mmy232330SMALL.jpg mmy330313SMALL.jpg mmy440499SMALL.jpg

One of my favorite moments comes when the king and queen from “Tangled” appear on a balcony, lifting a single lantern to the sky for their missing daughter. It’s soon joined by hundreds of others, creating a magical sight sure to draw “oohs” and “ahhs” from the crowd. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it! Of course, the most heart-warming part of any segment of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” is the images of our guests, captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers during the day and incorporated into the show each night. 

snd123234SMALL.jpg

The romance segment is planned to run as part of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” through mid-April but we’re not stopping there. Wait until you see “it’s a small world” as a sand castle in a segment we’re working on for summer. It’s chock full of detail… right up to the point where Goofy rides a wave across the façade, washing it all away to reveal… well, I don’t want to spoil all the surprises!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/more-fun-surprises-in-store-for-the-magic-the-memories-and-you-at-disney-parks/

• 2 weeks later...

From AllEars...

The Magic, the Memories and You - Romance Version

The Magic, the Memories and You - Romance edition debuted at the Magic Kingdom on February 1, 2012 and runs through mid-April.

MK_MMY_Val6.jpg

I watched the holiday version in December and it was just awesome. It was with that expectation I viewed the new romance segment. I was a tad disappointed when I saw it live but appreciated it so much more when I re-watched the video. (There is something to say about viewing a show and not juggling cameras.)

The minute and a half romance section begins mid way through the show with a change in music and lighting - Lady and the Tramp's silhouettes show on the castle's dark blue background.

One of the most dramatic sections is from the "I See the Light" segment of the movie Tangled. Rapunzel's parents are on the balcony and send up a lantern for their missing daughter. Soon, the sky is filled with lanterns and light.

MK_MMY_Val7.jpg

MK_MMY_Val12.jpg

Stained glass windows of Cinderella, Snow White and Belle also appear on the castle during the romance segment.

MK_MMY_Val11.jpg

MK_MMY_Val13.jpg

MK_MMY_Val14.jpg

MK_MMY_Val2.jpg

MK_MMY_Val3.jpg

MK_MMY_Val4.jpg

MK_MMY_Val5.jpg

MK_MMY_Val8.jpg

MK_MMY_Val9.jpg

MK_MMY_Val10.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT5DeDFrBHI

Thanks to Linda Eckwerth for the photos and Jack Spence for the video!

http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2012/02/the_magic_the_memories_and_you.html