From the Disney Food blog...

Food Ingredient Lists at the Beach Club Marketplace!

Jan 13th, 2012 by Erin.

Erin Foster is the Disney Food for Families columnist and a behind-the-scenes guru here at Disney Food Blog! Check out more of her posts here.

Eating in Disney World with a special diet just got a little easier!

I was at Walt Disney World last weekend participating in the marathon festivities. I completed the 1/2 marathon, my first distance race ever. Whoooooot!

We stayed at the Beach Club resort. As a little post race reward, I stopped in at the Marketplace for something sweet. It’s OK to carbo load after the race too, right? icon_smile.gif While checking out the offerings in the bakery case, I noticed a little booklet hanging on a hook attached to the case.

IMG_1548-1-500x375.jpg

Beach Club bakery case. Note the hook on the middle right of the case.

This turned out to be a collection of laminated cards listing the ingredients found in every Disney-baked item in the store, both those in the regular bakery case and those in the refrigerator case.

IMG_1547-1-393x525.jpg

Close up of the cards.

Items with ingredient cards included muffins, brownies, cupcakes, cannolis, carrot cake, caramel pretzels, cheesecake, cookies, bagels, croissants, and much more — over 30 items in all. Here are just a few. You can see the rest of the Beach Club ingredients lists on our Special Diets Pages!

IMG_1522-1-500x375.jpg

Cookie ingredients

IMG_1534-500x375.jpg

Tart ingredients

IMG_1532-1-500x375.jpg

Cupcake ingredients

IMG_1545-1-500x375.jpg

Cookie ingredients

The easy availability of the cards means that many guests with food allergies or intolerances will not need to ask for cast member assistance when choosing a snack. While not all nutritional information is on the cards, with the ingredients listed, many of the basic questions are answered.

I can’t recall having seen any similar, openly available, ingredient lists posted at other market or quick service locations at Walt Disney World. Have you? Is this the beginning of a trend?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/01/13/food-ingredient-lists-at-the-beach-club-marketplace/#more-45330