I read in another thread adout the free dinning pass. what is this or when is it offered

The free dinining promotion is something that Disney offers several times each year. Simply put, it is a promotion offering a Disney Dining Plan for each member of you party for "free" as long as you pay rack rate (full price) for your room and park passes and stay for the required minimum number of days.

The important thing for us Fiends is that they have never offered free dining in any way, shape or form with a campsite reservation.

Determining whether the "free" dining promotion is a good deal for you requires a lot of number crunching. Some folks think it's a great deal. Others do not.

I am in the it's not that great a deal camp.

TCD

WE were at the fort last june. they gave us a promotion notice that if we made future reservations before we left we would get a discounted rate,we tried but were told it didnt count for the campground, so I guess its the same with the dinning pass promo

WE were at the fort last june. they gave us a promotion notice that if we made future reservations before we left we would get a discounted rate,we tried but were told it didnt count for the campground, so I guess its the same with the dinning pass promo

Yep. That's pretty much how it goes. The big promotions (you are describing the "bounce back" promotion) never apply to the campsites. "Free" dining and bounce backs do apply to cabins.

TCD

Determining whether the "free" dining promotion is a good deal for you requires a lot of number crunching. Some folks think it's a great deal. Others do not.

I am in the it's not that great a deal camp.

TCD

I'm in the it depends camp. It depends on the circumstances

We did it when staying at AllStar Music and loved it but we didn't have our own kitchen.

We did it without while at the Fort. While we ate lunch at quick service counters in the park (they cost just a little more than feeding a family of four at Sonic, Pizza Hut, etc.) When then came home mid afternoon, rested, had dinner and hit the parks at night.

We are doing it the next trip because we anticipate lots of table service eating out for the rally.

i think it all depends on your circumstances.....

i think it all depends on your circumstances.....

I absolutely agree.

For my circumstances, the dining plan has never made financial sense.

But, if I only visited WDW on occasion, and did not have passes, and was going to be staying in a hotel anyway, it might make sense.

Obviously, a lot of people believe the free dining promotion is a good deal, as Disney is able to use this promotion to fill the resorts during off times.

TCD