Ok, I know Fiends will have an opinion on this one. From the Disney Food blog...

Best Disney Fried Chicken

Jan 23rd, 2012 by AJ.

I can’t believe I haven’t done a best fried chicken post, yet, but maybe that’s because I was subconsciously waiting until I got the chance to try the fried chicken wonderfulness at The Plaza Inn in Disneyland!

Whatever the reason, it’s time to jump into a big vat of fatty, greasy flavor today on the DFB!!!! Let’s talk chicken-that-is-fried!!! Here are three of my very favorite Disney fried chicken versions. Let me know your favorites in the comments section so I can try ‘em!

50’s Prime Time Cafe Fried Chicken, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney World

Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken at 50’s Prime Time Cafe has always been one of my favorite meals in Disney World.

It’s served with mashed potatoes, gravy, and southern greens, but if you’re like me and know you won’t eat the greens, it’s best to substitute beans or something else you will eat. Don’t want to end up standing in the corner for not eating your veggies, do you? icon_wink.gif

fried-chicken1-500x333.jpg

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried chicken

A large portion, this one, so don’t forget to come prepared with an empty stomach! And if you’d rather try a bit of this along with some of the restaurant’s other two signature dishes — pot roast and meatloaf — get the 50’s Prime Time Cafe sampler platter!

Plaza Inn Fried Chicken, Disneyland Park

Yep, I’ve been told that the Plaza Inn Fried Chicken is wonderful and indeed it is! The Plaza Inn has been touting this chicken as its specialty for years, and there’s good reason.

Plaza-Inn-Fried-Chicken-500x333.jpg

Plaza Inn Fried Chicken

Plaza Inn is a table-service character restaurant for breakfast, but turns into a counter-service “cafeteria” spot for lunch and dinner. Just walk in and find the fried chicken station, then go to town! Once again, the chicken comes in a monstrous portion, though, and includes mashed potatoes, gravy, beans, and a biscuit. So unless you’re super hungry (like me), get a friend to help!

Don’t forget to sample one of the Inn’s awesome desserts — they’re always over the top delicious!

Hoop Dee Doo Revue Fried Chicken, Fort Wilderness, Disney World

OK, this chicken tastes deeeeelicous, but there are two more reasons that it makes my Best Fried Chicken list:

1. It’s All-You-Can-Eat
  2. It comes with a show!

Yep, this chicken will come to your table in a big ol’ bucket while you’re watching the Hoop Dee Doo Revue — one of the longest-running and most beloved shows in Disney history!

And when you’re actually paying attention to the food in front of you, you’re in for a treat.

hoop-dee-doo-fried-chicken-500x335.jpg

Hoop Dee Doo Revue Bucke of Fried Chicken

The fried chicken is plump, crispy, and packing some serious flavor; so along with the ribs, beans, mashed potatoes, corn bread, and the rest of the spread on your table, you’re in for a great meal! And don’t forget the Strawberry Shortcake!!

You can see our review of the revue here!

UPDATE: Thanks to the comments I was reminded of the gorgeous Fried Chicken and Waffles at Trail’s End! See our review here!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/01/23/best-disney-fried-chicken/