need help on tickets from math majors

Hi i have two questions for you guys. First say I buy a 7 day ticket and use 3 days, can i upgrade the ticket to a 10 day non expiring ticket before i leave. If i can would it only have 7 days left or could i make back to a full 10 days.

My second question is if i have the 7 day ticket and i use 4 or 5 days is it worth upgrading it to the 10 day nonexpiring ticket if i know i will be back in a couple years.

first answer, the max ticket is 10 days, so if you buy a 7-day, use 3 days, and upgrade, you will have a 7-day left.

hmmm, not sure on that one, cause 2 5-day expiring are less than 1 10-day nonexpiring, BUT ticket prices will go up every year. I would say if you use 3-days or less, then it would be worth it.

In a few years your oldest will be of age to take a YES program and that would the entire family deeply discounted tickets. I'm one of those who isn't impressed with the non-expire option though b/c I'd only add it to 10 day tickets and we usually use at least 5 days minimum each trip. I'd rather enjoy what I've got today than scrimp on this trip to save it for some uncertain date in the future. There are just too many discounts offered to make up that savings on a future package. I can't bear the thought of paying an extra $200 each ( x 5 = $1000 for us) to keep just a few days...