From the Disney Food blog...

Disney Dining Tip: Customized Ice Cream Sandwiches

Jan 29th, 2012 by AJ.

One of my faaaaaaaaaavorite snacks in Disney World is the homemade ice cream cookie sandwich that can be found in all four parks.

Now I’m not talking about the Nestle “pre-packaged” version (although those are delicious); I’m talking about the fully homemade, ginormous-cookies-with-two-scoops-of-ice-cream-smooshed-between-’em ice cream cookie sammich. Oh look! Here’s one now!

vanilla-ice-cream-sandwich-500x333.jpg

Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich

Yep, these have been cult favorites in Disney parks for years. They’ve long been my breakfast of choice from the Main Street Bakery (well, those and the cinnamon rolls of course). icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I’m not here to tell you about these beautiful little gifts of ice creamy goodness. I’m here to tell you about a special SECRET about the gifts of ice creamy goodness…

SEASONAL ICE CREAM FLAVORS and COOKIES!

Huzzah! — you’re often not just stuck with vanilla in those sammies! Though they usually don’t note this on the menu, many of the locations that sell the ice cream sandwiches are able to customize them for you, too!

For example, over at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments in the Magic Kingdom, seasonal ice cream flavors are often available. We’ve seen mint chocolate chip, peppermint, and even pumpkin!

peppermint-ice-cream-sandwich-500x328.jpg

Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwich with Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pumpkin-ice-cream-sandwich-500x381.jpg

Pumpkin ice cream sandwich with chocolate chip cookies

Mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream-sandwich.jpg

Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream sandwich with chocolate chip cookies

You may also be able to customize your cookies! This is a possibility at the Main Street Bakery, where we saw this fun Halloween sugar cookie sandwich…

Halloween-cookies-sandiwch-500x376.jpg

Halloween Themed Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich

But the ultimate in customization seems to be over at the Fountainview Cafe in Epcot. This sleepy little spot is all about customizing your sandwich!

Check out the adorable snowflake shaped gingerbread cookies, holiday sprinkled sugar cookies, and yummy holiday flavors available on my visit in December!

snowflake-gingerbread-cookie-500x425.jpg

Snowflake Gingerbread Cookie for ice cream sandwiches

holiday-sugar-cookie-500x358.jpg

Holiday sugar cookie for ice cream sandwiches

holiday-flavors-381x525.jpg

Peppermint flavored ice cream for ice cream sandwiches

And remember, Fountainview has a LOT of ice cream flavors, so I’m guessing you can customize even further… (maybe one scoop of one flavor, and one scoop of another!).

By the way, you can also get these fabulous sandwiches at Dino-Bites in Animal Kingdom, and a Hollywood Scoops in Disney’s Hollywood Studios (where I bet you can customize as well!).

Again, the seasonal flavors and cookies aren’t usually on the menu, so be sure to ask!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/01/29/disney-dining-tip-customized-ice-cream-sandwiches/