ADRs - No One Has A Fort of A Clue

I'm both laughing and slightly frustrated right now. Some of you know that I am attending a rally in November at the Fort. At the request of several of the attendees we added the dining plan to our contract. As with everything with this rally NOTHING is ever exactly what it appears. They gave us the wrong date to start making our campground reservations. They canceled the Grand Gatherings. Why should the dining plan be any different.

Here is what I do know-

When the executed contract, group contact info, etc arrived the date to start making ADRs was listed as May 1st.

One of the attendees called in to ask some questions on the group resort reservation line she got the same date. This date did not agree with the date she had calculated so she decided to contact Disney Dining reservations. Disney Dining gave her the date of May 5th.

When I was told of the discrepancy, I contacted our coordinator. He contacted a few people who gave him the May 1st date.

The attendee called Disney Dining back, they said they didn't know where that person got the info but it was wrong.

I passed that back to the coordinator who gave me a website to calculate the dates for myself. The website gave me the date of May 8th.

I decided to look at my reservations online. The reminder most decidedly says "Dining Reservations Available May 1, 2012".

I feel like there is an auctioneer going

May 1st going once

May 5 going twice

May 8 going thrice

May ? sold to everyone who doesn't have a fort of a clue!

I have no idea if things are different under a group reservation like this, but normally you can make ADRs 180 days in advance of the day you check-in.

Good luck!

And remind me never to offer to be in charge of a group reservation! ;)

it's compounded by everyone having different arrival dates.

At one time I thought this would be a yearly thing but honestly for me.. it's worth the extra money just to not deal with the aggravation!