As I posted on the thread in the Debate forum, I am part of the Scrapbook Swap section of the Creative Forum at the other place.

I am not real handy with anything that involves a sewing machine, but I like other kinds of creative outlets. My sewing machine makes the best Caterpillars on the bottom side of stitches. I'm sure it is fixable. But since I don't have a real interest, I am content to let it be my excuse to not fix hems or make curtains. LOL

So my Ms Judy, ask away. If I can't help, I am good at using Google and then figuring things out from there. :D

Why yes, yes I do have pictures. =)

Here are some links to items that we have made. There are two kinds of swaps. Those that are complete pages, where all you add is your photos and journaling. And those that are elements, items that you add to your own background paper along with other things to make your own complete page.

In a swap, you make a set number of the exact same thing. Say 4 Magic Kingdom complete pages. You send those 4 pages to the hostess and she gives you back 3 different pages and 1 of your own. [because it is easier for the hostess to give the same things back to each person]

Elements:

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q179/alexwyattmommy/10sports/

Pages:

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q179/alexwyattmommy/1disneysketches/

The swap forum has a listing of what each element is, how to make it and examples of them. This is a huge help for new people who don't understand what a Photo mat, journal box or paper piecing is.

That would by most people do the element swaps. It gives them different things to mix and match depending upon the photos. With the pages, they are what leads you to pick to right photos for it. We have been going towards more general feeling colors/patterns on the pages so that they are more versatile. And the current color page swap I am doing, no titles. So you will have to add title, photo and journaling, but it gives you more freedom to pick photos for it. And it will be easier to rotate the page if you have more vertical or horizontal photos.

I do have to admit that I collect the things that have been made more than I use them. I have boxes. And I mean LOTS of shipping boxes full of elements that I haven't used. I like to make the items more than I like to use them. So I am not a true scrapbook/memory book maker. I am a crafter of paper items.

• 5 months later...