St. Augustine campgrounds

On our way to the Fort, we are interested in staying overnight in St. Augustine. The next morning, after food shopping, we will have a short drive to the Fort. Is anyone familiar with Stagecoach RV resort? They get good reviews on rvparkreviews.com, but their website is down. Any other suggestions?

Thanks-

Echo11

Hi,

I looked into Anastasia SP. It did look nice! Unfortunately, it is fully booked for the day we want.

We check into the Fort on a Sun and would need a Saturday overnight in April. We would also prefer a FHU, if possible.

I have seen some favorable comments on North Beach Camp Resort, also in St. Augustine. Although, I did see mention of ants in a couple of reviews and I don't want to deal with ants or bugs!

It doesn't have to be in St. Augustine. It was just on the way we were going. We would like to be within 2 hours or less of the Fort.

Any thoughts?

Thanks- Echo11

We have used Indian Forest and St John's (which is next to the flea market). Both are okay for overnight. St John's is Passport America and a good value for 1/2 price. You need to make a reservation at St John's as they only have about 12 transient sites of which about 8 fit big rigs over 35 feet. Both parks are gravel/sand and the office personnel were polite and helpful. Indian Forest is a little quieter since it's further off the interstate. The flea market (which runs on weekends) was not so good - lots of cheap plastic stuff, total junk and cheap tools - was still a good place to walk off some excess energy from riding all day. Neither has any real amenities for kids...they are just overnight stops.