From WDW Magic...

Official wait times now available on the iPhone via official WDW app 'Mobile Magic'

Feb 24, 2012

Disney has today launched the long requested "Mobile Magic" for the iPhone. Most notably, the app provides the official wait times and FASTPASS return times for all the attractions. You can check it out in the App Store now at this link.

If you are an iPhone user, check out the WDWMAGIC iPhone apps here.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Walt-Disney-World-Resorts-information/News/24Feb2012-Official-%27Mobile-Magic%27-iPhone-app-now-available.htm

more from the Disney Parks blog...

Disney Mobile Magic Now on iPhone

posted on February 24th, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks mlk496734THUMB.jpg

qwe596434THUMB.jpg

That’s right, Mobile Magic, our first official Disney Parks app, has hit the iPhone and it’s now ready for you to download for free from iTunes.

And Disney Parks and Verizon have another exciting update to share today. If you’re a Verizon Wireless customer, you now have access to new premium features, including videos and games within the app.

Verizon Premium Features

• More than 100 behind-the-scenes, seasonal, sneak peak videos.
  • ‘Pirates’ games that test your knowledge of the famous attraction.
  • Guess the character before the timer expires with Disney Character Puzzle.
  • Find out which character is most like you with the Disney Character Quiz.

min496753THUMB.jpg pet496424THUMB.jpg

cha579753THUMB.jpg

If you haven’t tried the app out yet, you should. It offers accurate wait times as well as official Disney FASTPASS return times and availability for the park you’re in. The same system that powers wait times and Disney FASTPASS in the park, powers this app. With the new iPhone version, the wait times are also integrated into the Park maps, making it easier for you to decide where to go next.

Also, there are GPS-enabled park maps to get you to your favorite characters, mobile games and more to explore, including the ability to make dining reservations.

Not an iPhone user? Disney Mobile Magic is also available on a wide variety of feature phones as well as Android phones.

Go try the app and let us know what you think in the comments.

*Message and data rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/disney-mobile-magic-now-on-iphone/

I've been using Touring Plans' Lines app for a couple of years now. Works great and often is more accurate than the posted times.

We like to wing it and it helps us decide what park we want to head out to, or even what part of the park depending on what we're in the mood to do.

I also like cracking people up the rest of the year by letting them know how long the line is right that minute for Soarin. ;)

I heard the ride audio from Snow White earlier today on Live 365.

It might be the last time I hear it.

I'm not sad.

I have a coworker in Boston that listens to MouseRadio too and whenever COP is on we IM each other.

And she always recites the "root beer" line.

Lou would be horrified. :rofl2:

Gotta love working with other Disney Geeks!!!

I heard the ride audio from Snow White earlier today on Live 365.

It might be the last time I hear it.

I'm not sad.

I have a coworker in Boston that listens to MouseRadio too and whenever COP is on we IM each other.

And she always recites the "root beer" line.

Lou would be horrified. :rofl2:

Gotta love working with other Disney Geeks!!!

I'm starting to think that Lou doesn't really hate all of the attractions that he says he does. If he did, there would be no reason for him to ever go to the magic kingdom... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

You do to get the app for free. I'm not sure if they offer a paid version of the app for those without a subscription.

Although personally, I think the app alone is worth the subscription price.

according to their website, the app is free but a subscription is needed for the lines info... they don't really tell you what else is on the app.

Looking at mine now here's the summary of what you get...

HOME:

Summary of all park hours including EMH

Overall projected crowd level for WDW

Best Park

Park to Avoid

PARKS (daily breakdown for each):

Park hours incl EMH

Projected crowd level for the park

Listing of current wait times for all attractions

All current show times (parades, Wishes, etc.)

Reported wait times (reported real time by actual people in the parks)(

Show schedule

PLANS

Direct access to a variety of Touring Plans for each park

10 DAY

Crowd predictions, and hours by park for the next 10 days

CHAT

Access to Lines Chat

You can also report wait times yourself when you're in the parks.

Looking at mine now here's the summary of what you get...

HOME:

Summary of all park hours including EMH

Overall projected crowd level for WDW

Best Park

Park to Avoid

PARKS (daily breakdown for each):

Park hours incl EMH

Projected crowd level for the park

Listing of current wait times for all attractions

All current show times (parades, Wishes, etc.)

Reported wait times (reported real time by actual people in the parks)(

Show schedule

PLANS

Direct access to a variety of Touring Plans for each park

10 DAY

Crowd predictions, and hours by park for the next 10 days

CHAT

Access to Lines Chat

You can also report wait times yourself when you're in the parks.

Undercover tourist has crowd forecast (supposedly through Sept 9)

A color indicator by the park (red, yellow green)

Park times including EMH

Parade times by park

Favorites

Dining by Park/DTD/Resort (some menus listed)

You can also submit the wait times while in the park.

A section I can't get into because i don't get cell service were we are parked right now (going over the mifi for everything)..

not sure what you get for the paid version.

I have looked at the Touring Plans app. I have been curious for some time about the touring plans they create. I have also read about their having people in the park doing the waiting times. I can't think of a reason why I can't use both and compare the two.....right? :dogsnicker:

I have looked at the Touring Plans app. I have been curious for some time about the touring plans they create. I have also read about their having people in the park doing the waiting times. I can't think of a reason why I can't use both and compare the two.....right? :dogsnicker:

I think it's a great idea! Then we can get your first hand review of the pros and cons of each.

I got the Undercover Tourist app in the early days - before it had wait times. It was ok, but mostly just good for a reference on general info at the time. I haven't tried it recently.

Love to hear what people think of the new WDW Mobile Magic app too. I have it on my phone but haven't had a chance to use it while at WDW yet.

I think it's a great idea! Then we can get your first hand review of the pros and cons of each.

I got the Undercover Tourist app in the early days - before it had wait times. It was ok, but mostly just good for a reference on general info at the time. I haven't tried it recently.

Love to hear what people think of the new WDW Mobile Magic app too. I have it on my phone but haven't had a chance to use it while at WDW yet.

that should be interesting.... something to do while waiting in line!

Reminds me of the best way we found to pass time while waiting for TSM...

Googling tips for getting high scores and finding some of the Easter eggs!

Funniest thing ever is me shouting instructions to Brian as we're going through the ride afterwards...

Shoot the duck! No not THAT duck! :rofl2: