From the Disney Food Blog...

Tables in Wonderland: March 2012 Events

Feb 25th, 2012 by AJ.

Tables in Wonderland has announced three special events for March 2012 — An Illuminations Dessert Party on St. Patrick’s Day, a specialty Irish lunch at Raglan Road, and a dinner at The Wave!

Illuminations Dessert Party

Date: Saturday March 17, 2012 8:00pm – 9:30pm

Cost: $55 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included.

You are invited to a private Tables in Wonderland Dessert Party! Come enjoy a front row presentation of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, while you sample platters of delectable desserts and rich coffees.

Illuminations-dessert-party-328x525.jpg

Dessert Party - click image for larger version

Dessert Buffet Menu

Trio of Mini Gourmet Doughnuts (!!!!!) with Coffee Gelato

-Tennessee Bourbon Glazed Dark Chocolate Doughnuts

-Carmel Nut Glazed Apple Pie Spiced Doughnuts

-Raspberry Glazed Buttermilk Doughnuts

-Served with American Coffee Shop Gelato

Samplers

-Tiramisu Stemware

-Guava Cheesecake Pushup with Mango Gelee

-Caramel Ganache Bars with Sea Salt

-Chocolate Laced Éclairs

-Pistachio Cannoli

-Baklava

-Spumoni Panna Cotta

Beer, Wine, and Cordials

For reservations, e-mail [email protected] with the following information: your interest to book, your name, daytime phone number, home address, and the number of people in your party. You will be notified on a “first-come, first-served” basis.Your credit card will be taken over the phone once your reservation is confirmed. The event is limited to 200 Guests. This event is exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members. If there is inclement weather, this event may be moved to an indoor location.

Exclusive Luncheon and Culinary Demonstration

I’m SO excited I get to go to this!!!! icon_smile.gif Join Raglan Road’s Celebrity Chef Kevin Dundon on March 15th at Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant. This event celebrates the opening of the Raglan Road St. Patrick’s Day Festival. A selection of incredible recipes in an exclusive four-course afternoon luncheon will be presented with wine pairings.

Cost: $45.00 plus tax and gratuity. Tables in Wonderland discount accepted.

culinary-demo-405x525.jpg

Culinary Demo - click image for larger version

Menu

Starters

Darne of Hickory Smoked Irish Salmon served warm on buttered leeks with mead cream reduction

Soup

Espresso of Roasted Tomato and Gin Soup

Main Course

Loin of Traditional Irish Bacon with Irish Mist Glaze served on Colcannon Potato with a parsley cream sauce

Dessert

Jam Jar of Rhubarb Jelly Pannacotta

Reservation

Call 407-938-0300, 407-WDW-DINE, or log on to www.raglanroad.com.

The Wave . . . of American Flavors’ Discovery Dinner

Location: Reception in The Wave . . . of American Flavors Lounge; Dinner in The Wave . . . of American Flavors Private Dining Room

Date: Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:30 p.m. Reception; 7:00 p.m. Dinner

Dress Code: Casual Evening Attire

Cost: $110 per person, includes tax and gratuity

Santa Sweets, Inc. grows tasty tomatoes including their famous grape tomatoes, their signature heirloom tomato — The UglyRipe®, and their line of organic tomatoes. They hand pick only the most flavorful varieties.

The wine representative is Brooke Butler from Terlato Wines. Brooke is from Merritt Island, Florida and is the District Manager for Terlato. Her portfolio includes New World selections ranging from the Napa Valley to South Africa.

the-wave-discovery-dinner-320x525.jpg

Discovery Dinner - click image for larger version

Reception Menu

Banderillas of Feta Stuffed Grape Tomato, Caramelized Pearl Onions, and Shaved Prosciutto

Polenta Tapas with Santa Sweets Tomato Marmalade and Baby Mozzarella

Hanna, Sauvignon Blanc

Dinner Menu

Appetizer

Tomato Appetizer 3 Way

- Fried Oyster BLT Featuring Santa Sweets Tomato, Thompson Farms Black Pepper Bacon, Chipotle Santa Sweets Tomato Mayo

- Santa Sweets and Heirloom Tomato Shooter with Tillamook Smoked Cheddar Cheese Grilled Cheese and Oven Dried Basil

- Santa Sweets Tomato Tar Tar with Goat Cheese Fondue, Crispy Portobello, and Poblano Pepper

Chanson, Vire Clesse

Pasta Course

Crab Stuffed Ravioli with Santa Sweets Tomato, Roasted Garlic, and White Wine

Tangley Oaks, Pinot Noir

EntrÉe

Slow Cooked Wild Boar Chop with Truffled Stokes Sweet Potato Fries and Seasonal Vegetable of the Moment

Guardian Peak, Frontier

Cheese Course

St. Andre Triple Crème, Midnight Moon and Purple Haze Goat Cheese with Sweet Tomato Raisins and Sun-Dried Tomato Foccacia

Two Hands, Gnarly Dudes

Dessert

Goat Cheese and Sweet Tomato Cheesecake, Smoked Grape Tomato and Ice Wine Granita, Pistachio Meringue.

Two Hands, Brilliant Disguise Moscato

For reservations, e-mail [email protected] with the following information: your interest to book, your name, daytime phone number, home address, and the number of people in your party. You will be notified on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Your credit card will be taken over the phone once your reservation is confirmed. The event is limited to 46 Guests. The event is exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/02/25/tables-in-wonderland-march-2012-events/

Ok, I'll confess... it's me. :D

We actually did a very similar dessert party during F&W and it was awesome!

Now granted, we have APs so we're not paying "extra" for park admission (you know what I mean) and the party itself was really great. I can tell you I very definitely got my money's worth in champagne alone, but on top of that they had a great cheese/meats table, lots of great fresh fruit, pastries, cookies, candy, and then some. I was skeptical about how good the desserts would be, but they were way better than I anticipated.

There were multiple stations setup of each type, so you didn't have to walk very far (it's a big room) and the band that played was actually pretty good. There was lots of different wine, champagne and cordials to try - de Kuypers was a sponsor.

It helped that we planned ahead and didn't have a big meal that day, that made it worth it for us as a "meal."

The bonus was the preferred seating for Illuminations. They had the area between the 2 stores at the entrance to World Showcase roped off and it wasn't super crowded.

There are always lots of special events during F&W that sound great but cost over $100/person, which I've never been williing to spend. But I'd do this one again for sure.

A few pics from that night...

6345694881_4b5988cab1_b.jpg

6345693213_67a263f5e2_b.jpg

6346442426_9e2b917068_b.jpg

6345690541_d00a7a34d1_b.jpg

6346438126_8d83fc4108_b.jpg

...somehow I didn't get any good food pics.

I blame the champagne... :rofl2: