From the Disney Food blog...

Snack Series: Rice Cream at Epcot’s Norway

Mar 2nd, 2012 by AJ.

On this glorious Friday, I thought we’d highlight another beloved snack in Epcot’s Norway — the Rice Cream!

Sadly, I haven’t had this treat for AGES, so I was excited to have the chance to CHOMP on this while I was doing research in December for The DFB Mini-Guide to Epcot Snacks e-Book! You can find it at Norway’s Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe!

Rice-Cream-366x525.jpg

Norway's Rice Cream in Epcot

Rice Cream is probably not as popular as the school bread we featured a couple of weeks ago, but it’s definitely in the running for one of the most classic Epcot snacks around.

This not-too-sweet delight consists of a light rice cream pudding topped with sweet strawberry sauce.

Rice-Cream-close-up-500x350.jpg

Rice Cream Close Up

The rice cream itself tastes vaguely vanilla-y and has a gelatin/pudding-like texture. Think tapioca, but with rice, if you’ve never had rice pudding before.

The strawberries are what add the sweet kick here. The slightly syrup-y strawberry sauce is not the same as the strawberry jam used in the waffles at Kringla Bakeri; this is more like a preserve-like ice cream strawberry sauce (hope that makes sense!).

Rice-Cream-Spoonful-500x333.jpg

Rice Cream Texture

I think the main positives about this dessert are its simplicity and the fact that it’s not actually super-sweet. It won’t take you down for the count sugar-shock-wise, and its light texture means you won’t be too weighed down to keep up your pace around the World Showcase. Serving size is right on as well — not too big, not too small. There’s a reason why the Rice Cream at Norway has kept so many fans happy for so many years! icon_smile.gif

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/02/snack-series-rice-cream-at-epcots-norway/