From the Disney Food blog...

New Merch: Iconic Disney Food T-Shirts

Mar 12th, 2012 by Kim.

Disney has been focusing a lot of merchandise around iconic food lately, and we’ve been highlighting some great examples (WDW suitcase, Disneyland suitcase, cupcake clothes for kids, Mickey waffle pajama pants).

Here’s a round-up of the recent shirts that have come out! Go ahead and wear your Disney food!

Turkey Leg

A popular snack (or meal!), the turkey leg is a vacation splurge! Thanks to Eric Chu for spotting this awesome new t-shirt in Disneyland recently!

turkey-leg-shirt-2-photo-by-Eric-Chu-393x525.jpg

Turkey Leg shirt

Of course, there’s always the old favorite as well! Get your own calorie-free turkey leg shirt!

turkey-leg.jpg

Turkey Leg Shirt

Churro

Disney Design Group collaborated with shirt designer Richard Terpstra, to create some awesome shirts featuring favorite Disney theme park snacks (Churros are a great on-the-go snack while touring a Disney park)! Thanks to Melissa Sue Sorrells Galley who spotted this one at Mouse Gear in Epcot!

Churro-tshirt-photo-by-Melissa-Sue-Sorrells-Galley-393x525.jpg

Churro Tshirt

Dole Whip

Another creation by Richard Terpstra: a second Dole Whip shirt! We love Richard Terpstra’s artistry — check out another Dole Whip shirt that we showcased in an earlier post. Many guests look forward to a Dole Whip on their Disney vacation!

dole-whip-shirt-392x525.jpg

Dole Whip Shirt

Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars

Wear your love for Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars!

This ice cream bar is a Disney rite of passage! And doesn’t the Mickey-shape make it much more fun? Go ahead and bite off an ear!

Mickey-Bars-393x525.jpg

Mickey Bars

World Showcase Eats and Sips

It’s no secret that we can spend a whole day (and evening) eating and drinking around World Showcase in Epcot. These World Showcase shirts highlight favorite eats found on a tour of the pavilions. (We’ve heard rumors that you might only be able to find these seasonally, so always ask!)

World-Showcase-Shirt-392x525.jpg

Eating Around the World

Start your tour at any of the World Showcase pavilions. As you travel the world, you’ll discover great thirst-quenchers that may be new to you! Beer, wine, sake…oh, my!

Epcot-Shirt-392x525.jpg

Drinking Around the World

Show of hands — how many of you already have these shirts? icon_wink.gif

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/12/new-merch-iconic-disney-food-t-shirts/

Better pics from the Disney Parks blog...

Finally, the Dole Whip Shirt Has Arrived at Disney Parks

posted on March 19th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

srr496743SMALL.jpg

I’ve had a long time obsession with the Dole Whip. I’ve enjoyed many of them while visiting Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort. I know I’m not the only one who loves a Dole Whip (or pineapple float or the amazing citrus swirl). I spoke with Disney Design Group artist Casey Jones about a newly released shirt featuring this heavenly treat.

“I think everyone I know loves a Dole Whip including me,” exclaimed Casey. “That is probably why I’m excited to see the release of [the Dole Whip] shirt. We used the success of the turkey leg shirt released last year as inspiration for a new collection of retro-style shirts.”

Besides the awesome Dole Whip, the softlines team also created a shirt based on another Disney Parks favorite – churros. Casey enlisted the help of the talented artist Richard Terpstra to design both shirts.

“Richard has a great eye for retro design,” said Casey. “I let him run with both the Dole Whip and churros designs. He actually created a few different versions of Dole Whip shirts including one that had a tiki drummer. The design for the churros shirt was based off a poster from the Casa de Fritos restaurant that opened in 1955 at Disneyland park. I love how Richard captured a cool retro vibe!”

rtt396743SMALL.jpg

Two other shirts were inspired by 1960s newspaper advertisements for Disneyland. These shirts feature specially designed characters that were inspired by the four theme parks found at Walt Disney World Resort and the various themed lands found in Disneyland park. I think my new favorite word is “friendlyable.” Disney Design Group Artist Doug Strayer and Richard Terpstra assisted with the designs.

tur123234SMALL.jpg

Casey told me that a video shown at the D23 Expo last September inspired a new turkey leg shirt.

“There was a video shown at the D23 Expo featuring Tom Staggs, the chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts,” said Casey. “In the video, Tom worked as a cast member in many different roles including someone who sold turkey legs. As he presented the camera with a turkey leg, he said, ‘Nice and juicy.’ We immediately knew we found our tagline.”

gle123234SMALL.jpg

Speaking of taglines, I almost forgot – it’s time to wake up the glee club (this one is coming soon!).

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/finally-the-dole-whip-shirt-has-arrived-at-disney-parks/