Our trip in November will be our third trip to WDW and our second using the dining plan. it is also part of a rally and I am working around that schedule trying to find a restaurant for our last table service meal. Since i know that table service meals are really filling I'm trying not to have them back to back (Breakfast/Lunch, Lunch/Dinner).

The Rose & Crown, since it's a favorite and one of the reasons we decided to get the dining plan again, is on our list.

We will do the Yak & Yeti for lunch since the AK doesn't have very late hours.

We contemplated the Hoop Dee Doo Revue but since most of us don't like the menu we decided to take the kids for a Character Breakfast at the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's.

I thought about, upon TCD and DinT recommendation, going to O'hana BUT we are doing the Spirit of Aloha, hopefully, as a rally event (mid week). I am afraid that would be too much polynesian....?

Since we are eating dinner in the parks two nights, I really wanted to try something in one of the resorts (giving us the opportunity to explore them more). Any ideas? Just have the one table service credit to plan.....

If you might want to use the 2 credits together on a signature restaurant, I'd definitely recommend these:

California Grill - Contemporary (plan to be there for fireworks!)

Narcoosee's - Grand Floridian

Yachtsman Steakhouse - Yacht Club

Flying Fish - Boardwalk

Flying Fish and Narcoosee's are out since our family is not overly fond of seafood.

The Calfornia Grill has some potential but Yachtsman steakhouse has lots, lots and lots of potential.

What kind of dress is signature dining?

By the way, Disney doesn't really have Character meals for slightly older boys. They need a pirate themed character meal!

We actually ate there twice this past trip and it was fantastic!

Some reviews here - http://www.fortfiend...__fromsearch__1

Dress is Business Casual - which Disney defines as:

• Dress shorts

• Dress pants

• Jean pants

• Collared shirts

• Blouses

• Sweaters

• T-shirts

NOT permitted:

• Hats

• Swimsuits

• Swimsuit cover-up's

• Tank tops

• Torn clothing

• Flip-flops

The atmosphere at the restaurant was upscale, but pretty relaxed.

Menu below is from AllEars.

Menu Date: October 2011

Appetizers

Ahi Tuna Crudo - Celery mignonette, salt cod aioli, and American Osetra caviar $16.00

Caesar Salad - Crisp Romaine Lettuce, Aged Parmesan, and Ciabatta Crouton $9.00

Tomato and Mozzarella Quartet - Macerated Baby Heirlooms with Curd, Beefsteak Sashimi, Meyer Lemon Panzanella With Balloon, Tomato Caviar, and 12-Year Aged Balsamic $14.00

Escargot - Mangalista pork sausage, Garlic, Herbs, and Gougeres $15.00

Pan-Seared Diver Scallops - roasted bell pepper hummus, olive chermoula, panisse, and summer radish $14.00

Steakhouse "Wedge" - Organic greens, Lake Meadow hen egg, sunflower seeds, heirloom apples, and sweet cream dressing $11.00

Lobster Bisque - Maine Lobster, Herbs de Provence bescuit, and roe Chantilly $11.00

Assortment of Artisanal Cheeses - sourdough Baguette and seasonal accoutrements $14.00

Charcuterie Board - smoked duck sausage, wild boar terrine, mangalista rok pillette, chicken pate, sopressata, artisinal cheese and accoutrements $15.00

Entrees

12-oz "Prime" New York Strip Steak - Carmody potato gratin and peppercorn bandy sauce $42.00

24-oz Center Cut Porterhouse - Smoked Paprika Fries, and Roasted Garlic Butter $44.00

Braised Beef Ravioli - Cappelletti shaped ravioli, crispy wild mushrooms, summer radishes, and Flagship cheddar fondue $32.00

Young French Red Hen - roasted breast, leek fondue, olive-oil-poached leg, wild rice hash, rhubarb preserve, and poultry jus $30.00

16-oz Boneless Rib-Eye - sweet potato beignets and Red Wine Butter $43.00

8-oz Center Cut Filet Mignon - Mashed Potatoes, and Cabernet Wine Sauce $40.00

Beef Wellington Deconstructed - trio of wild mushroom duxelles, puff pastry, parsnips, potatoes, carrots, and cabernet wine sauce $47.00

Columbian River King Salmon - white asparagus puree, smoked salmon nage, English peas, fava beans, refined Huile d-Olive, and fine herbs $38.00

Parmigiano Reggiano-Ricotta Gnudi - Heirloom Tomatos, artichokes, graffiti eggplant, sage, peaches, and summer garlic emulsion $29.00

Side Dishes

Truffle Mac & Cheese - Orecchiette Pasta and Reypenaer Cheese $9.00

Sauteed Mushroom Caps - with garlic, cream and Cabernet Wine Sauce $8.00

Pot-Roasted Root Vegetables - summer turnips, round carrots, onions, port and pork roast $9.00

Sauteed Green Beans - mixed heribot verts, verjus butter, and garlic crumb topping $9.00

Caramelized Onions - with White Balsamic and butter $6.00

Creamed Spinach - with Parmesan and Gruyere $8.00

Desserts

Signature Banana Napoleon - Custard, White Chocolate and Banana Mousse, and Crispy Phyllo $9.00

The Yachtsman Sundae - Trio of Gelato with Amarena Cherries $8.00

Macerated Plant City Strawberries - with Basil-infused Strawberry Sorbet and Chocolate Chiffon Gateau $9.00

Creme Brulee - Fresh Berries and Rolled Chocolate $8.00

Mango Cheesecake - with Raspberry Foam and Artisan Ganache. No added sugar. $8.00

Trio of Valrhona Chocolate - Peanut, Espresso, and Salted Caramel $11.00

Sorbet Trio - Pineapple-Chili, Blueberry-Cassis, and Strawberry-Basil $7.00

Artisanal Cheese Platter

served with sourdough Baguette and seasonal accoutrements $14.00

Humboldt Fog - This is an elegant soft, surface ripened goat milk cheese. The center has a ribbon of edible vegetable ash giving the cheese a subtle tangy flavor. Enjoy this creamy, and mildly acidic cheese. We pair this cheese with red wine-strawberry preserve.

Beemster - X0 Produced from pasteurized cow's milk. This twenty-six month aged Gouda-style cheese from Holland has aromas of butterscotch, caramel, and whiskey. Its delicate brittle texture leads to a creamy finish on the pallet. Finished with honey.

Robiola - Ancient Northern Italian cheese made from a blend of cow, goat, and sheep's milk. It is a soft, fresh cheese with a mild, sweet flavor. Accompanied by pomegranate-glazed apricots.

Gorgonzola Dolce - A firm, moist, buttery consistency with a flavor that is sharp and sweet. Paired with almond-fig brittle.

Coffee Drinks

Starboard Coffee - A nautical delight of Tia Maria, Drambuie, Grand Marnier, Brandy, and Coffee $8.25

Keoke Coffee - A delicious blend of Coffee, Kahlúa, Brandy, and Dark Créme de Cacao $8.25

Irish Coffee - A traditional favorite, Jameson Irish Whiskey and Coffee $8.25

Jamaican Coffee - Myers's Dark Rum, Tia Maria, and Coffee topped with Whipped Cream $8.25

http://allears.net/menu/menu_ys.htm

• 1 month later...

Dh and I spent an evening going through the option for our final dining credits. We ended up going back to Rose and Crown for one of them because anything that requires 2 TS requires DH to give up his hat. That is not happening... I may have to bury him in a hat. I tried for some resort dining but either one of us wouldn't eat it or the kids menu didn't have the "safe" choices of pizza, hamburgers or chicken strips/nuggets.

So I thought why not the Trails End and just have it a floating credit to use when ever-

Is the Trails End Dinner Buffet worth the dining credit?

So far no one is citing an actual source yet and there's been nothing official announced.

I have a hunch this all stemmed from a few discussion board posts that have now spread as "fact."

Still holding out for real info and thinking that it would be really a bad move for Disney to close HDDR smack in the middle of the holidays.

So far no one is citing an actual source yet and there's been nothing official announced.

I have a hunch this all stemmed from a few discussion board posts that have now spread as "fact."

Still holding out for real info and thinking that it would be really a bad move for Disney to close HDDR smack in the middle of the holidays.

Dining Reservations is spouting it but they are saying to keep checking. Still not sure about that last dining credit.. I've got to make or not make the reservations on Tues