Butterfinger Cupcake Revisited at Starring Rolls Cafe

From the Disney Food blog. I had one of these this past fall. The cake is terrific, the butterfinger crust is great, but the mountain of frosting is just a bit too much.

Butterfinger Cupcake Revisited at Starring Rolls Cafe

Mar 26th, 2012 by AJ.

We found this amazing butterfinger cupcake waaaaaay back in early 2009, and at first, I wasn’t sure it was real!

You can find it at what has become the holy grail of Disney cupcakes and all things yummy, Starring Rolls Cafe, in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

I decided (nearly three years later) that it was time to re-visit this treasure and see if it still garnered high marks as a snack (or breakfast icon_wink.gif ) worthy cupcake.

I’m all about in-depth research — especially where frosting is concerned! So what’s underneath that crushed butterfinger topping?

butterfinger-cupcake-465x525.jpg

Butterfinger Cupcake

The answer is obvious, isn’t it? Chocolate, frosting, and more chocolate! As you can see, I got the lighting a little better this time! You can see this monstrous cupcake in all its glory…

undressed-butterfinger-cupcake-350x525.jpg

Undressed Butterfinger Cupcake

Once you carve through the butterfinger topping, your first stop is that lard-y vanilla buttercream frosting — the perfect accompaniment for this particular baked good. I’m so glad they didn’t go with straight chocolate; the vanilla gives a lighter flavor and look to the cupcake while still delivering lots of texture.

cross-section-butterfinger-cupcake-402x525.jpg

Cross-Section of Butterfinger Cupcake

The chocolate cake here is one of the best when it comes to Disney cupcakes. I’ve never had it be dry, grainy, or tasteless as it can be at some other bakeries.

And, of course, you get the surprise of the rich chocolate fudge frosting in the center of the cupcake! Sadly, no more butterfinger (would be fun to see pieces of butterfinger in that central frosting), but the chocolate punch is a great complement to the vanilla frosting on top.

As always, this cupcake remains in my top tier list of favorites!! I’d love to hear about yours!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/26/butterfinger-cupcake-revisited-at-starring-rolls-cafe/