Easter Merchandise at Disney Parks

From the Disney Parks blog...

Easter Merchandise Hops into Locations at Disney Parks

posted on March 30th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

emh983250SMALL.jpg

Some of my earliest childhood memories are about receiving a basket of goodies from the Easter bunny. There was a good mix of chocolate (yes!) along with other small items like toy cars, clothes and a children’s record album which I still own. With the Easter holiday only a few weeks away, I donned a pair of bunny ears and hopped around Disney Parks Merchandise looking for items to fill this year’s baskets. I found two common themes – eggs and bunnies.

emh801095SMALL.jpg

We have released two new Vinylmation figures for Easter – a 9-inch Vinylmation figure designed by Disney Design Group artist Monty Maldovan, and a 3-inch figure created by Disney artist Casey Jones. I love how the colors of the 9-inch figure pop against the green Florida grass, and my favorite detail on the 3-inch figure is his cotton-like tail. Casey told me that the Vinylmation team loved the rabbit-shaped form so much that we may see it used again for a future release.

Eggs and bunnies were also a theme for the consumables team, who introduced delicious cupcakes this year. Look for them, along with bunny- and egg-shaped sugar cookies, in locations such as the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom Park or Marceline’s Confectionery in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.

emh238090SMALL.jpg

A small assortment of pins were released for the Easter holiday, including a new Mickey Mouse icon made to look like a painted egg. I also like the deluxe lanyard with sublimated printing which, not surprisingly, contains bunnies and eggs.

emh129357SMALL.jpg

There are a few items that won’t arrive until later this year (I thought you’d enjoy a first look at them). Similar to the St. Patrick’s Day ornament I previously discussed, there will be an Easter ornament coming this summer. The ear hat ornament stars Thumper and was designed by Derrick Lirette, a professional intern with Disney Design Group. Thumper will also be found on a new shirt arriving this August at Disney Parks.

Finally, I learned the “Hop and Drop” program I discussed last year is returning to Walt Disney World Resort hotels in Florida starting April 1. (Special thanks to Summer Figueroa, a retail manager at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, for the tip!)

“Hoppy” Easter!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/easter-merchandise-hops-into-locations-at-disney-parks/